Cannon EOS 350D

Norrie

Hiya,

I have the above camera with the standard 18-55 mm lens, and an 80 - 220 lens,. Now, firstly, I dont know the correct name of what I'm looking for, but here goes....

I am looking for the "ring adaptor" that doubles the lens focus.....

Its an automatic focus camera, and will the older ring from the manual focus 35 mm camera fit it.? I have been told that it wont, but was then told it would, but I would have to switch from automatic mode to maual .....

Any help, would be superb ...

Thanks in advance !! :):)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Well done Nick, :thumbs: Thats the boy...we looked at them in a camera shop in Cyprus last year, they were well over £130 ...Cyprus money too..... :o :o

Now, will the old style ones fit my camera, they are MUCH cheaper !!!! :D :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Don't know if it will fit or not ...

But you will almost certainly loose your autofocus capability with an "old style" converter !! :blink::blink:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

If its a Teleconverter you want - have a look at the ones from Kenko or Tamron if you want to retain autofocusing, as the Canon TCs only autofocus on the 1D series bodies, otherwise on other bodies its manual focus (I may be wrong).

When you put a TC on you will loose some of the speed of the glass (I may be wrong, correct me if I am but I think its 2 stops)and the autofocusing is not so nippy if you buy 3rd Party ones that retains autofocus, so when shooting in lower light the focusing may be hunting a wee bit .... so they work better in good light.

I use a cheap (£60) Keno 1.5 TC sometimes on my 70-200 L and it works great ... and doesnt hunt around for focus at all in normal situations. It all depends on the available light I would say, if I stick it on F1.8 glass or F2.8 glass ... no huting ... F3.5 or F4 glass .... a wee bit of hunting occasionally, F5.6 glass it can hunt about a bit if lighting is not great ....... a bright sunny day, and hunting on all lenses really is not an issue.

Im not to clued up on Teleconverters, but thats my experiences of them .... I may be wrong about the focusing of the Canon TC.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

It will only fit, IF your old camera was of the Canon EOS series. If in doubt do a search for EOS magazine and ring them, they are extremely helpfull, or where the last time I asked a question - maybe 10 years ago! Hope this helps some.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.