Converting Delkim LED's

Elton

Posted on behalf of Simon - please add all responses to this thread:

I have four Delkim TXi's, each one has a blue LED. I would like to change three of them for TXi's with red, yellow and green. Ideally, Delkim would make the necessary changes and bill me accordingly but, unfortunately they no longer do this service. It is not just a case of soldering a different colour led anymore.

Do you know of anyone who can carry this out? I would swap with someone but, I don't think people are too keen.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just ask for a swap with whatever colour you want on any of the Carp forum for sale or wanted section.

I too had four blue txi's and couldn't stand the eyeball burning blue light and the way they lit up the swim like i was at the Blackpool lights turn on!.

I now have blue, red, green and white and can now see without being dazzeled :clap2:

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

if you can get to the board just solder the colour you want in :idea:

they only work one way round and come in lots of sizes

i remember making a box for a couple of herons ,it had plenty of leds in ,some blinked some didnt it was great come christmas ,mind you to wake billy50000 from his doze nothing short of dynamite worked ,i recovered the flashing led's when he could afford modern alarms and have them to this day (aaaahhhhh).

if the blues are too bright use a more resistive resistor

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It is possible to change the LED`s, I know as I have done them in the past.

You need to find out which is the + and - side of the LED when you have it opened, but by opening Delkims it voids their warranty and Delkim will not touch the alarms with a bargepole if the seals are broken.

The standard delkim LED`s are approx 8-10,000mcd power, the ones in my Delks are 20,000mcd power, so theres no missing me on the banks :D

I won`t touch other peoples alarms, so I will not change the LED`s its not worth the risk or hassle that can come afterwards.

if you can get to the board just solder the colour you want in :idea:

they only work one way round and come in lots of sizes

i remember making a box for a couple of herons ,it had plenty of leds in ,some blinked some didnt it was great come christmas ,mind you to wake billy50000 from his doze nothing short of dynamite worked ,i recovered the flashing led's when he could afford modern alarms and have them to this day (aaaahhhhh).

if the blues are too bright use a more resistive resistor

Hi , where can you get the LED's for these, is it somewhere like Maplins ?

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

My thanks to those who have added their pearls of wisdom so far. As I am not in a mad hurry to change my leds, I think I'll wait to swap. What I don't want to do is risk Delkim not fixing them, if they go wrong. I accept that de-soldering an led and re-soldering a new one, with the polarity correct, is not rocket science, but also not worth, for me, risking them not being fixed for a more serious problem in the future.

As I say, I'll continue to use the classifieds for the foreseeable.

Simon