4 different Wingham 50s to 59-08 in 8 days!

The Carp Lake at Wingham has produced 4 different 50s in just 8 days!

The biggest was a common with irregular scales at 59-08 and was part of an historic brace of 50s for my new bailiff Dan Taylor, who also landed the one-eyed mirror at its top weight of 50-12 together with 5 other carp. Amazingly Dan's first fish from Wingham was a 50!

Some of you may remember that Budgie had the common with the irregular scales at 43-00 on the eve of the AN Fish-In in May 2012.

I almost turned down the one-eyed mirror when Ken Crow offered it to me as a 3 year old. However Ken pointed out it had grown to be in the top 10% of its year class so I bought it. I'm now very glad I did!

Another whose first Wingham fish was a 50 was new member Jared Ferguson, who landed a long common at 52-08.

Bob Copeland caught commons of 52-02 (different to Jared's) and 44-06, plus mirrors of 47-00 and 38-04 - all in just 24 hours!

What's more the previous lake record that reached 54-12 last autumn hasn't appeared yet. As this is a female goodness knows what she'll weight if caught in the next week or two!

Another one yet to appear is the big plated mirror, the most sought after fish in the lake, that was last caught in the autumn at 49-12.

So the Carp Lake now contains at least 5 50s even if the big plated doesn't make it!

I opened the Main Lake fully to carp anglers just 2 months ago and already the mirror record has been raised to 49-08, whilst 2 long commons of 45-08 and 46-00 have been landed. The Main Lake has now produced 9 different 40s and, as the fish are even younger and under even less pressure than the Carp Lake, may well end up even more special.

Further details and pictures are available on the latest news page of the Wingham Fisheries website (link below).

I can't seem to upload any photos here. Would some kind soul please copy the pics from the web site and load them on the relevant topics on both the carp and coarse forums. Many thanks!

Edited by Steve Burke
  • Like 1

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

59-08_common_RHS_13-05-15_800x533.JPG

Dan Taylor with his 2nd 50 of a session! At 59-08 it's a new lake record.

50-12_mirror_LHS_Carp_Lake_800x503.JPG

Dan Taylor with the one-eyed mirror at 50-12

52-08_common_RHS_Carp_Lake_May_2015_800x

New member Jared Ferguson with his 1st fish from Wingham - a 52-08 common!

52-02_common_RHS_05-05-15_772x597.JPG

Bob Copeland with a 52-02 common from the Carp Lake.

Bob also caught another common of 44-06 plus mirrors of 47-00 and 38-04 all in 24 hours!

• Like 2

Many thanks indeed Steve!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Colossal fish Steve, you must be very pleased and congratulations to the captors. I wonder what it’s like to land a 50lb fish, do you just jump in?

It's never a 'six', let's put it back