Request that SACN withdraws from the negotiation table wrt RSA Strategy

glennk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensible words cranfeild. These people need to know we exist and what we expect.

Ken I am 38 in 30 years time I could well be dead. Plus I am too much of a rebel to be sat around any table. :D :D :P

Mate if you survive global warming, decline of oil, Bin laden and any other disasters heaped upon you, your generation should do a ton at least :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I have sent a request to Leon that the membership of SACN be consulted on their wishes to be represented by the organisation within ongoing talks regarding the Recreational Sea Angling Strategy. I have sent the following email to Leon and am aware that currently the membership of SACN are being consulted as requested. I will post my initial letter up here for all to see. I will not post up anyone's response that I have seen as they are private within SACN although should anyone wish to post their own response up here then please do so - I'm all for openess and honesty.

Hi Glenn, your link had taken me to the question and answer page. It is quite clear that;

If anyone feels unhappy with the way it is run, then the issue will be put before the membership.

Who runs SACN, In short the membership.

So, decisions that take place are by consensus, any proposel put forward need to be passed 100% by the executive group, or the proposel is put to the membership.

On the above detail Glenn, i see that your concerns must be answered. I look forward to the result.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Barry,

The question has been put to the membership and the consensus seems to be that the membership wish for SACN to remain at the table.

Several issues have been raised by email. These are a couple of them:

Future policy changes on the strategy should be put past membership.

There is a need for representation of the countries charter skippers - Perhaps a national association of charter skippers.

Having read the responses from the membership I have taken onboard their points of view. Some were quite enlightening and came as rather a surprise. However I was concerned by the general response from the membership. Lots of mentions of stakeholders and NGO's - its almost as if the entire membership are Leon Roskilly clones. On a more serious note I also found myself asking the question of how many of these people have actually read the draft RSA Strategy and sat down and thought about what it actually means and what effects it could have the countries charter skippers, the countries tackle businesses and the countries fishing clubs (most applicable in my area I think). I was not convinced these people knew anything about the strategy and had simply placed their trust in Leon to do his best for them and were ready to shoot down anyone who dared to mount a challenge.

A few people offered replies slightly different to most and actually showed they were thinking about the strategy and what it could mean. Well done to those people for at least looking at the issues.

Edited by glennk

Hi Barry,

The question has been put to the membership and the consensus seems to be that the membership wish for SACN to remain at the table.

Several issues have been raised by email. These are a couple of them:

Future policy changes on the strategy should be put past membership.

There is a need for representation of the countries charter skippers - Perhaps a national association of charter skippers.

Having read the responses from the membership I have taken onboard their points of view. Some were quite enlightening and came as rather a surprise. However I was concerned by the general response from the membership. Lots of mentions of stakeholders and NGO's - its almost as if the entire membership are Leon Roskilly clones. On a more serious note I also found myself asking the question of how many of these people have actually read the draft RSA Strategy and sat down and thought about what it actually means and what effects it could have the countries charter skippers, the countries tackle businesses and the countries fishing clubs (most applicable in my area I think). I was not convinced these people knew anything about the strategy and had simply placed their trust in Leon to do his best for them and were ready to shoot down anyone who dared to mount a challenge.

A few people offered replies slightly different to most and actually showed they were thinking about the strategy and what it could mean. Well done to those people for at least looking at the issues.

Very many thanks for the info, I have tried to read the draft twice and both times i have not managed to get to the end of the document, i have quite a few queries based on what i have read to date. I definatly need more time to look at it. Thanks again.

There already is in place the pba of which a lot of the charter skippers belong to, so would there really be a need for another. Have the pba been informed of what is happening, would they be interested? Does anyone have any info?

The next problem for the rsa is the 2027 document, defra appears to want to sink all us rsa's with b.........dy paperwork.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

What is pba?

Barry it is concerning that you have attempted to read the strategy draft but cant get to the end of it - how many more people are in the same boat but darent admit it for fear of looking dumb ??. I have read it many times but still don't understand a lot and various things are pointed out to me on a daily basis. One of the SACN Members mad it quite clear that I dint understand the draft or the process. Although I found him rather condescending he had a point. DEFRA, SACN And NFSA seem to want to fasttrack this strategy - probable before people like you and me have managed to complete the strategy and understand what it actually means.

What is pba?

Barry it is concerning that you have attempted to read the strategy draft but cant get to the end of it - how many more people are in the same boat but darent admit it for fear of looking dumb ??. I have read it many times but still don't understand a lot and various things are pointed out to me on a daily basis. One of the SACN Members mad it quite clear that I dint understand the draft or the process. Although I found him rather condescending he had a point. DEFRA, SACN And NFSA seem to want to fasttrack this strategy - probable before people like you and me have managed to complete the strategy and understand what it actually means.

Totally agree with the second para. The professional boatmans association.

I also don't know if the 2027 proposels are to envelop this strategy, in which case we might all be wasting our time! And defra, our money.

Edited by barry luxton

Please remember that the body that drives the timing is not SACN, nor NFSA, it is DEFRA.

Also references to NGO's and stakeholders don't mean that everyone is a "Leon Roskilly clone". Rather it is the language in which the whole debate is conducted. It is rather like critiscising someone for refering to a referee in a game of football. Incidentally I think if everyone that did use such language was a Leon clone far more would get done for the benefit of RSA.

I have heard several references to the fact that DEFRA refused an invitation to a meeting for Big Cod. No surprise there, this is real world, big time, grown up politics. It takes a lot of effort for anyone to be invited to this level of table. The question of should they be there or not rarely enters into it; it is who or what they represent. In general terms something of this nature is only open to those groups who have managed to gain recognition as being representative of there "constituency". Fortunately several years of hard work by various bodies has enabled RSA to gain a foot in the door. As has been suggested the charter skippers need to organise themselves properly to be able to gain such recognition.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Sorry Steve

but there are more organisations than BASS that have done good work.

Take your blinkers off man

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?