Request that SACN withdraws from the negotiation table wrt RSA Strategy

glennk

Well i know we have our differences in the past Glenn , but i am with you all the way

Keep up the good fight mate

It's nice to know that there are people like you , who are willing to stand up and be counted :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to draw the attention of readers of this thread to this topic

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=72581

This topic was pulled for a while after complaints were made about it's contents

When I wrote about the secrecy surrounding this document and how it was being kept from the eyes of the angling public on my website I was called a lier.

Please see : http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/recreati...ng-strategy.php

I think what happened when this topic was withdrawn and the fact that sacn complained about it illustrates that I am not lieing and that SACN are doing their upmost to keep this strategy away from the eyes of the general angling community.

I also note that this strategy has been on public view on anglersnet for several months. A search of the forum archive will show its existence. How strange is it that all of a sudden there are complaints that I am discussing here in the open ???

Edited by glennk

Sorry Steve

but there are more organisations than BASS that have done good work.

Take your blinkers off man

But Nick, the NFSA and SACN are relative newcomers where conservation is concerned. I grant you they seem to have taken over recently, but all the hard work done to get RSA around those ever so imprtant tables was not done by those currently negotiating away our sport.

You seem to have become an expert overnight Nick, but I would read the startegy another few dozen times if I were you because it's obvious you're missing something. If you'd been around a month ago when all this was being picked to pieces you would have seen why so many people were concerned about it's content. Two RSA representative bodies think it's seriously flawed, and one thinks it needs sexing up, hence the responses that went in. Anyway, it's all irrelevant now because they taken it away to sex it up a bit, and none of us will get to see it until it's in. When it gets to consultation stage, it's in.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I think what happened when this topic was withdrawn and the fact that sacn complained about it illustrates that I am not lieing and that SACN are doing their upmost to keep this strategy away from the eyes of the general angling community.

er,

Where did you get the 'SACN complained about it' from Glenn?

The mods emailed me to say they had had complaints (I don't know who from)

I replied to them that I'd be inclined to let it stand.

(er, 'let it stand' means not to take any action and leave it there)

So why are you claiming that SACN complained about it?

Where's your evidence?

(We suggested that it should be allowed - and it was following our suggestion that the thread was reinstated!)

And neither are we trying to 'keep this away from the eyes of the general angling community'

Read the minutes at http://www.sacn.org.uk/News/DEFRA_meet_wit...sentatives.html

8.2 Mr Hynes noted that several areas in the strategy require further discussion, including the concept of a ‘golden mile’ and inclusion of bag limits.

A further meeting is scheduled for February with the intention to agree the Strategy within the sub-group and formally present it to the next IFWG meeting in March for endorsement.

8.3 SACN asked if the revised draft could be sent to their members.

Although this was a matter for the SACN, Defra thought it preferable to wait until the strategy is endorsed by the IFWG in March before any wider circulation took place.

In fact we asked for permission to be allowed to put it onto our website for general publication, but everyone at the meeting (see the list of attendees, including Steve Coppolo - ask them) thought that not a good idea, until the draft had been developed further and was agreed by the IFWG.

We then asked to be allowed to distribute to our membership, which they said was up to us.

The facts are that SACN has been trying to widen the scope of the consultation to be as inclusive as possible!!!!

See the SACN response to the draft at:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,113.0.html

Such an important document as this, is likely to influence the development of our recreational sea fisheries for many years to come, and perhaps lead to the greater development of the Recreational Sea Angling sector, bringing societal benefits, not only of increased business opportunities and support for more livelihoods engaged directly or indirectly in the sector, but increasing the quality of life and sense of well-being of many more participants.

Comparatively few people have been involved in it’s drafting, and we would expect a much wider consultation to develop the strategy further, including the opportunity for angling interests in all the regions to have the opportunity to meet with DEFRA, and to discuss the strategy in some depth, through a series of regional meetings at times and places that will be convenient to grass-roots angler participation.

9). Communication Policy

A recognised problem with the RSA sector, is that the majority of participants do not belong to any club or RSA organisation, nor do they often read the several publications devoted to the sector. Similarly with many small businesses operating within the sector.

If they do hear of initiatives or developments within the sector it is often through word of mouth, when the facts do become distorted and often issues are taken out of context, and only at a very late stage in the progressing of initiatives.

In delivering a strategy, it will be important to engage fully with all interests within the Recreational Sea Angling Sector and a clear communications policy needs to be developed as part of the strategy to ensure that the strategy itself, and any measures adopted within the strategy, are communicated in a timely and efficient manner down to the grass-roots sea anglers, small angling businesses etc, as well as to the major angling representative organisations.

Such a communications policy needs to be active, rather than passive (ie not merely relying on people to find available information, but actively presenting information to them), and will require avenues of distribution to be identified and developed.

So Glenn, please a little less of the paranoid phantasies.

Turn your guns towards targets that count, rather than those on your side.

And try to learn to tell the difference .

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

er,

Where did you get the 'SACN complained about it' from Glenn?

The mods emailed me to say they had had complaints (I don't know who from)

I replied to them that I'd be inclined to let it stand.

(er, 'let it stand' means not to take any action and leave it there)

So why are you claiming that SACN complained about it?

Where's your evidence?

(We suggested that it should be allowed - and it was following our suggestion that the thread was reinstated!)

And neither are we trying to 'keep this away from the eyes of the general angling community'

Read the minutes at http://www.sacn.org.uk/News/DEFRA_meet_wit...sentatives.html

In fact we asked for permission to be allowed to put it onto our website for general publication, but everyone at the meeting (see the list of attendees - ask them) thought that not a good idea, until the draft had been developed further and was agreed by the IFWG.

We then asked to be allowed to distribute to our membership, which they said was up to us.

The facts are that SACN has been trying to widen the scope of the consultation to be as inclusive as possible!!!!

See the SACN response to the draft at:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,113.0.html

So Glenn, please a little less of the paranoid phantasies.

Turn your guns towards targets that count, rather than those on your side.

And try to learn to tell the differnce .

Hi Leon, what about the 2027 Proposels, won't they dwaff the rsa strategy and make it irrelevant in any event?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Leon, what about the 2027 Proposels, won't they dwaff the rsa strategy and make it irrelevant in any event?

The DEFRA EU Maritime Green Paper

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/e...timegreenpaper/

The Fisheries 2027 Consultation

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/...-2027/index.htm

(Note: Although this sets out where DEFRA wants to be in 20 years time, it doesn't mean it's going to take 20 years to deliver it all, much of it could be delivered quite soon)

The White Paper on the Marine Bill due out in March

http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/water/...cy/marine-bill/

and the EU Commission debate on rights-based management in fisheries

http://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/press_corner...com07_10_en.htm

are all important consulations that Angling Organisations and individuals need to respond to, requiring many days of research and drafting of responses etc to beat challenging deadlines.

(which is why you will find SACN and myself will have increasingly little time to engage in chatting on internet forums in the coming weeks - I shouldn't be doing this now, but I've finished answering a pile of emails and felt the need to relax!)

And no they won't make the RSA Strategy irrelevant.

DEFRA are looking far ahead eg some of the RSA Strategy reflecting what DEFRA has already been working on in the Marine Bill, and powers in the Marine Bill being bought in to deliver the strategy.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The DEFRA EU Maritime Green Paper

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/e...timegreenpaper/

The Fisheries 2027 Consultation

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/...-2027/index.htm

(Note: Although this sets out where DEFRA wants to be in 20 years time, it doesn't mean it's going to take 20 years to deliver it all, much of it could be delivered quite soon)

The White Paper on the Marine Bill due out in March

http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/water/...cy/marine-bill/

and the EU Commission debate on rights-based management in fisheries

http://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/press_corner...com07_10_en.htm

are all important consulations that Angling Organisations and individuals need to respond to, requiring many days of research and drafting of responses etc to beat challenging deadlines.

(which is why you will find SACN and myself will have increasingly little time to engage in chatting on internet forums in the coming weeks - I shouldn't be doing this now, but I've finished answering a pile of emails and felt the need to relax!)

And no they won't make the RSA Strategy irrelevant.

DEFRA are looking far ahead eg some of the RSA Strategy reflecting what DEFRA has already been working on in the Marine Bill, and powers in the Marine Bill being bought in to deliver the strategy.

Many thanks for that Leon, but again in your second para the 2027 doc is trying to encompass all to do with the fishing scene, so arn't they just repeating themselves again and again. It appears to be more and more paperwork they are lobbing out to try and beat us all with rules and regs they want to impose on us for what? Not being funny but the way defra are going about this makes them appear that we all need to be controlled by them. The thing is all we are are rsa's but if we don't respond then i feel defra will walk all over us.

For who's benifit i wonder? No wonder you havn't got any time when you have to wade through that lot. Now i realise wot our 100 mill a year is being spent on. Rant over.

How can you relax on here ?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..