swansea, mumbles report

lazy hooker

would be a good help Simon :)

have tried but keep bending my arms

have managed not to paddle too far back so making some progress...

at the speed of a snail :(

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Simon thats a fantastic post , given your IT skills it must have taken ages!! However , I went through the motions last night as I read it and IMHO it is extremely dangerous :headhurt: I have got up this morning and I feel like I've been in a car crash , aches all over :blink: Where theres blame theres a claim :angry: although a 30% deduction on a Dorado may deter my phone call :thumbs: I await your reply with interest. :rolleyes:

Ok Prowler 13

made the decision to go after dabs so anchored up 3-400 yards off the rnli slipway , had a bit of a learning curve about anchoring in strong wind. Couldn't get the yak to sit in the current with the anchor trolley at the rear of the yak without the kayak turning sindeways into the wind...ended up with the trolley at the front sat facing into the wind and current which wasn't the most comforatable.

When this happens to me use a drogue which I run out from the oposite end of the kayak from the anchor. It only needs to be 8 feet of line with a big knot in the end or a tea towel/rag tied to the end. This will then stream off in the tide run and will help to pull the kayak to align into the tide rather than the wind.

Rog.

Kayaks: OK Tungsten Caper - Orange & White Alaw Bach - Orange Rockhopper - Pyranha Inazone 232.

Simon

thanks for the info. my Broadband has been down since i posted hence delayed response.

I've printed it off and am about to make a fool of myself on the Lawn? Hopefully it will stop the Kayak veering to one side all the time, and having to make it up with plenty of strokes on the other side to pull back straight again!!

And as for John A.K.A Lazy hooker, You may have laughed at my Overzealous paddling stroke, but i can assure you i was laughing harder at you trying to launch on the slipway, almost capsiszing and getting drenched in the process!! :yeah:

JonBoy

I've printed it off and am about to make a fool of myself on the Lawn?

you don't need a lawn to do that...come to think of it you don't need the instructions either..... :clap2::clap2:

anyway i was trying to keep my feet dry ....it just didn't work :angry::angry:

anyway off for a walk down the beach...could do with a new rod

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

Martin - aching all over? That's becuase you are using muscles you didn't know you had! As for a pain claim - you must read the small print!!

Given the obvious risk of poor performance of the Dorado in your hands I will have to add a 30% surcharge for loss of credability!

JonBoy - a clue in your last post there - having to make correction strokes.......so it would seem you are puting in more power one side than the other - right handed? So having to make left hand corrections because the kayak is veering off to port by any chance? SIMPLE CORRECTION FOR THAT ONE - put the paddle sligtly off centre, so your left hand side is a little longer than the right hand side - only you can tell by how much. It will also change depending on the wind and its direction. If the wind is blowing you off a bit - give the leeward side a little bit more paddle length.It will save all those wasteful correction strokes.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo