insurance

chuckcfc

I used to have insurance when I did alot of windsurfing. In that case you can easily be travelling at in excess of 25 mph on the edge of control, which is a great rush but a little bit scary B) The cost was only between £20 and £40 depending on the extent of cover. Most marine insurers offer packages. Viking insurane rings a bell but I may be wrong. Could possibly check out one of the kayaking magazines, there may be adverts.

It is probably worth checking your home insurance policy. It is quite possible that it covers you for third party cover when going about your daily life.

Rich

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you join the BCU then they automatically include Public Liability for £5m.

you can also get discounts from certain stores.

Membership costs £30.60.

http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/canoeeng/2...embership-.aspx

Kayaks: OK Tungsten Caper - Orange & White Alaw Bach - Orange Rockhopper - Pyranha Inazone 232.

Hi Chuck.

Welcome to the forum.

Nice post by the way :thumbs:

There is obviously a need for insurance, would be nice to know its there if ever you needed it, things do go wrong.

Easyrog has offered up a link to the Bcu ( British Canoe Union ) Basic Adult Membership offered at £30.60p per anum......that works out about 60p a week, small outlay for peace of mind.

So thanks Chuck, youve just promted me to join mate :thumbs:

Bill. :)

There all done......now a Member and insured......feel better already.:clap2:

Its food for thought folks.

Bill. :)

well done Bill

I was a bit shocked nobody hadnt came up with it before! .... but like you say its piece of mind for 60p a trip :thumbs:

location Cardiff

Prowler elite mango flame

Lots of new members since last April > I am one of them!

The search function is not always useful as lots of pictures are no longer uploaded!

If we had a page for newbies with all the common questions on it would solve the problem of the older members having to answer the same questions

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Membership of the British Canoe Union (BCU) gives you Third party fire and theft insurance well worth £30 od anyones money.

Cheers

Dave

Target fish: Anything!