Mobile phones and driving

ayjay

I was more referring to recreational use - apparently many places have roadside testing equipment, similar to the link below

http://www.cozartgroup.com/shop.php?cPath=38_69_61

A one off price, and then about £5 per test cartridge (bearing in mind you are checking suspected drug abusers you'd hope for a failiure rate approaching 20% or something you'd of thought - making it £25 per conviction!).

Which to me looks very cost effective - according to the BBC I think the same system is used in some police stations already - why not have the things mobile?

i know you were ,they cant go mobile for the exact same reason as mobile phones,can you imagine the danger taking samples off a suspected driver whilst driving alongside him on the motorway! ;):o

another difficult reason is drinking is usually (untill blair messed the opening ours up) a timed event ,most drunk drivers used to be caught last thing at night so the day police could man the speed guns and the night staff sit on junctions waiting for drunks ,drug use can be any time ,true some are at night for "recreational" drug users but the out of their skull on coke lot are about 24/7 ,can you expect those speed camera cops to be sitting at junctions instead of earning money for the retirement fund blackhole!!!

at least with speed cameras they could be looking out for coke heads "for our safety" ofcourse

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if this has already been asked ....................but what about taxi drivers and there 2 way radios ......................are they exempt , and what about CB radios too.

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

I saw some interesting statistics the other day to the general effect that 32% of accidents involve drivers under the age of 21 years. the other part of it was that drivers under 21yrs account for 2% of the drivers. That would appear, (unless my maths is wrong) to indicate that 2% of drivers are involved in 32% of accidents. Before anyone starts jumping up and down, I am not saying that 2% of drivers are responsible for 32% of accidents but that is certainly one possible conclusion. While driving in London today, I saw a person driving with a map spread out on his steering wheel, he was not looking forward but towards the passenger seat where he appeared to be sorting other paperwork.

Steam rules

I saw some interesting statistics the other day to the general effect that 32% of accidents involve drivers under the age of 21 years. the other part of it was that drivers under 21yrs account for 2% of the drivers. That would appear, (unless my maths is wrong) to indicate that 2% of drivers are involved in 32% of accidents. Before anyone starts jumping up and down, I am not saying that 2% of drivers are responsible for 32% of accidents but that is certainly one possible conclusion. While driving in London today, I saw a person driving with a map spread out on his steering wheel, he was not looking forward but towards the passenger seat where he appeared to be sorting other paperwork.

but did he have a phone :rolleyes: when i had my landy the higher veiw let me see a bloke putting his trousers on using both hands and a few other things involving girlies i cherish to this day ,ok though no phones were hurt in these acts.

the chap was overtaking me ,in the girly ones we were side by side untill i run out of petrol :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

and all of them on their phones! your right nursey

I dont know if this has already been asked ....................but what about taxi drivers and there 2 way radios ......................are they exempt , and what about CB radios too.

All exempt.

Out of interest I found this on the news tonight:

Top tips for cheaper car insurance

Make use of your no-claims record - you should be offered a discount for consistently claim-free driving.

Make your car as secure as possible - if in doubt, ask your insurer what security or parking measures might help reduce your premium.

Reduce insured drivers on your policy - some companies let you add them free of charge but if you are paying for cover which is rarely used then cut back the named drivers.

Limit your mileage - look for policies that offer discounts if you drive fewer than the 8,000 - 12,000 miles per year average. This could knock up to around 15% off your premium.

Take a bigger excess than the standard £50 or £100. Doubling the excess can knock about 15% off the premium.

Pay your full premium - many companies charge up to 10% extra if you want to pay in instalments.

Use your age - there is a remarkable drop in premiums after your 20s. Insurance companies target the over 50s for special policies and discounted premiums. But once drivers reach 75 rates start rising sharply again.

Use your gender - female under-25s obtain premium quotes which are about 20% less than males, but the picture reverses after that, with insurers charging older female drivers slightly more than older male drivers.

Don't lie - the most common lie is to register cars outside London or the other high-rated metropolitan areas, either at parents or at fictitious addresses. Doing this automatically invalidates your insurance.

Become a valued customer - you may get a discount for insuring your home with the same insurer as your car. Likewise, two cars in the same family might be better with the same insurer than separate ones. You may also be given a loyalty bonus if you stay with a firm for several years.

Sort of dispells some earlier coments on older drivers re-insurance etc. :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

but did he have a phone :rolleyes: when i had my landy the higher veiw let me see a bloke putting his trousers on using both hands and a few other things involving girlies i cherish to this day ,ok though no phones were hurt in these acts.

the chap was overtaking me ,in the girly ones we were side by side untill i run out of petrol :(

Don't think he had time for a phone as well as his maps :rolleyes: He was alone at the time so the other activities you allude to were not taking place although I couldn't see (and wouldn't want to know) if he was wearing his trousers. :yucky:

Steam rules

It doesn't dispell any myths about insurance it just superimposes 75 over the age of 70 which is what I and a couple of others have claimed. If you look at the online insurers most will not quote over 70, and as I said some of the major brands won't even give you a quote on the phone.

Ian W