Just to say Hello

Team Man

OI OI,

Welcome my friend to the best fourum on the internet, well i dont know about much about dog's but i love my jack russell to bits well i used to follow SWINDON ROBINS but now bonnie ladd it's NEWCASTLE DIAMOND'S see we talk about all sorts on here

& sometimes even a bit of fishing lol.....

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OI OI,

Welcome my friend to the best fourum on the internet, well i dont know about much about dog's but i love my jack russell to bits well i used to follow SWINDON ROBINS but now bonnie ladd it's NEWCASTLE DIAMOND'S see we talk about all sorts on here

& sometimes even a bit of fishing lol.....

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi Merlino Bill,

Nice to speak to you, I am on the staff with Kings Lynn Speedway, I believe we have Newcastle at Lynn for a league match on April the 16th, do you travel to away matches.

having won the triple last year I think we have got a big battle to live up to it this year , but who knows.

I must try and fit more fishing in this year. it went by the board a bit with the intense speedway season we had last year

And there aint nowt wrong with Jack Russells

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

Hello John,

The reason you can’t take a dog out of Crufts before 5pm because the Kennel Club who run Crufts charge the public to come in to see the dogs so want the dogs on show all day even though you pay to enter your dog(s) yourself.

Even if you are not being judged until later in the day, it pays to get there early otherwise you have to park so far away and it is a long way to get your dogs and equipment into the show. Jackie would always aim to be there about 7.30, that means a very early start.

The ones who are going from the other site will be getting there early, some will be staying with friends and catching the bus/train to the venue. I just hope the BBC coverage is better this year than it has been....

I can't believe I'm on a fishing site and all I've talked about is dogs........Perhaps I'll start on Speedway next

Well you did post on the 'non-fishing chat' forum ;) Nice looking dogs btw, looks like they love the snow.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I just hope the BBC coverage is better this year than it has been....

Nice looking dogs btw, looks like they love the snow.

I think its much the same coverage as last year with Ben Fogel

glad you like them, they are gorgeous to own, but can drive you to despair sometimes, yes, they absolutley love the snow (must be built in) all they want to do is make tunnels in it, so they can lay in there

Alan

Mine didn't know what snow was until last year, I think it freaked him out at first :D I can't think of any breed that will not drive you to despair when they feel like it - selective deafness is a trait amongst Samoyeds.... :headhurt:

You've only got one more post to do btw, then you'll be 'off' mod-approval :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Mine didn't know what snow was until last year, I think it freaked him out at first :D I can't think of any breed that will not drive you to despair when they feel like it - selective deafness is a trait amongst Samoyeds.... :headhurt:

You've only got one more post to do btw, then you'll be 'off' mod-approval :)

I always know when we have a hard frosty morning, they kick up a hell of a racket to get out.

Selective deafness, yes, Elkhounds are great ones for that, I think a lot of the Spitz breeds are like that.

I think the trouble with the Elkhound is that in Norway they work with the hunters, they go out on their own and find the elks or bears and they hold them at bay and bark for the hunter to come and dispatch the animal, they will never touch the animal themselves, so being used to working on their own they know exactly what they need to do and don't want you to tell them what to do, its like trying to get a self employed person to work in a factory.

If you want an Elkhound to do something he just looks at you as much as to say, you're joking you don't expect me to do that do you, I know the best way to go about it

Edited by Team Man

Alan

Thank you Ziggy, I realy am new comer to this forum, I haven't ferreted out the ferrett bloke yet

Hi Yogi, I'm in Gosberton

Ah Gosberton - my ex is there in Welby Drive. I'm just off Woolham Wygate.

I see Bob Nudd was on the Welland town stretch again yesterday (Sun 4th). The water was really coloured up after all the rain further up stream.

Yogi. :thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

I can't believe I'm on a fishing site and all I've talked about is dogs........Perhaps I'll start on Speedway next

No worries, I came on here and mostly spoke about photography.

Now Speedway - thats another matter. The Panthers first round is on 15th against Coventry I think. Scotty Nickolls and Hans Anderson should make good viewing again. That last meeting against Reading for the title - now that was SOME meeting and a half.

All the motorsport will be up and running soon. I'm a big F1 fan and thats starts on the 18th. I've got weekend tickets for Santa Pod too for the Easter Nationals which I won at The Autosport Show at the NEC in Jan.

Yogi. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Yogi

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

Now Speedway - thats another matter. The Panthers first round is on 15th against Coventry I think. Scotty Nickolls and Hans Anderson should make good viewing again. That last meeting against Reading for the title - now that was SOME meeting and a half.

Yogi. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi Yogi,

Only just noticed your post.

I'm just up the road from Welland drive, Just before you leave the village.

So you are a Panthers fan are you, I'm with the Premiere League, I help out at Kings Lynn on race nights, also Video some of the Meetings with Mike Bennett for DVD's

I rememeber that last meeting at Peterborough with Reading for the Title I was Videoing that meeting, covering for the normal Video man that couldn't make it, Helleva meeting that was.

I sometimes fish Lake Ross, back end of Spalding, do you ever get there

Alan