Japanese dolphin murderers. Please sign the petition.

Some of the comments on this thread are starting to get personal, and that is not allowed on these forums. Any post that includes a personal attack will be deleted.

You can discuss the matter to your hearts content, but don't demean yourselves by indulging in petty name-calling.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll never convince me in a million years.

The way those animals were killed is wrong, and the people who did it are worse than animals themselves.

And thats the point, "The way those animals we killed"

I fish to live and live to fish.

Some of the comments on this thread are starting to get personal, and that is not allowed on these forums. Any post that includes a personal attack will be deleted.

You can discuss the matter to your hearts content, but don't demean yourselves by indulging in petty name-calling.

appologies for any offence caused, merely trying to make a point (possibly a bit too strongly)

And thats the point, "The way those animals we killed"

correct

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

Questions like the f***ers carried out a sneak attack on one of our allies, although the war did not directly involve the Americans at the time they were supplying us not the Germans. This hastened the American participation into the war which was coming anyway after the sinking of the Lusitania and other acts, which supplied us with a massive and much needed injection of fresh manpower at a time when it was badly needed.

What the hell have the crime rates got to do with anything? talk about off topic, to start with in, to answerr anyhow. The crime rates in the uk are exteremely high due to a lack of effective law and a police force without the teeth to apply the laws which exist. the youth are brought up with the idea that there is no detterrant, they are brought up with no repect for themselves or anyone else and they are brought up by people who look at history through rose tinted glasses, try to muddy the waters with obscure references . Combine this with large numbers of immigrants with seperatist ideals and obscure innefective laws to control this as well and you will see the reasons for our escalating crime rates.

Osama 'bin hiding' probably would feel at home as you would probably tell us he is mis-understood and his mummy probably denied him a mouthfull of t*t once.

I quite agree that the pilot whale slaughter in the Faroes is on a par with this, as is the clubbing of seals and the 'experimental' whaling going on. Also to be considered if you want to go that far is the Europoean Veal industry.

The modern role of the UK may not be to tell everyone else how to live but should we keep quiet instead with our fingers in our ears and chant 'la la la' ? or should we voice neccessary objectins to barbaric practises? As objectins have been raised with our own farming industry (whats left of it) and animal welfare practises tightened throughout the uk and to a lesser extent in Europe.

As far as the 'lets nuke em and be rid of the problem' comment. Ive been a soldier, i've been involved in some stuff here and there, and i think that comments like this only show the ignorance of many people and belittle what has occurred in the past. No wonder our far east veterans cant get the recognition they deserve when their own countrymen think like this.

We all have our own opinions on stuff like this, based i guess on the way we were brought up.

FWIW Im a service kid and my dad fought in Borneo, Aden, Northern Ireland, and the Falklands. I have grown up around guys that have been all over the world and then some .Guess who has influenced a lot of my opinions ? .. Respect for other peoples and cultures is something i have found in spades with them , Perhaps my "nuke them comment was OTT" but at the end of the day we have to find common ground.

Its late. and its also AN where you get a measure of freedom; so what about a scenerio where it is possible to travel through time? Don't know about your ancestors, but mine used to be farm labourers and the killing of a pig was an important event. I guess that theoretically the pig would always have died by the perfect way and they would have cared either way? I suspect all they cared about what utillising that pig to to the max, whatever it went through? Evil indeed :P.

BTW fwiw I loved the bit in the video where the well dressed schoolkids wandered past the dolphin "slaughter" saying their good days to the people around them. Reminded me of visiting my grandparents town in north wales as a kid. At that time there was still a slaughterhouse there, like there was in every county town in the UK; I just remember being fascinated by the whole thing. Also remember how safe that town was then ;)

Times change. If you had a time machine would you use your riches to campaign that we go back and berate our ancestors for the way they lived? Perhaps as way of incentive you could offer them ?

On a practical level, these kind of campaigns are counterproductive imho. Kids are kids and atm prefer the ninento/gamebox mark XX to all else. The campaign against whaling in the Faroes - where a bunch of middle class brits in orange survival suits ( maybe a double lesson in ethics and HSE !) - turned the global eye on Faroe and simply got those back out working with their dads to hunt whales.

Still, at least the london journalists, and no doubt the fulltime activists, then have a job forever?

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net