SOME HELP PLEASE ?

luffers

HI All !

Having spent all the winter chasing Cod around the eastern solent in my warrior and finding only Conger and Rays my mind is starting to come back this seasons Yak fishing off my home town of Bognor Regis !

No winter kayaking for me B)

I have to fit a fishfinder but where can i buy a swimming noodle with a cap simular to the one in the anglers afloat demo ??

I have all the other components :D

Also i have been looking for a scotty rodholder like the one i have seen in the magazine articles with the vertical steel extension piece ? Is this a modification that has been done afterwards as i can find plenty of holders for sale BUT not with this extension piece !

Sorry to ask questions that have been asked before :wallbash: BUT can someone humour me and offer some help please :rolleyes:

Cheers Luffers

Hi Luffers,

Not too sure where you can get some noodle from but I guess you want it to house your transducer in. All I did with my transducer was to seat it in a bed of silicon and its work fine and as to date has not come unstuck with a seasons use and all the loading and unloading from the car.

The extenson I think you are on about you can get from Hook1 in the states.

Hope this helps

ChrisW

Hi Luffers,

Not too sure where you can get some noodle from but I guess you want it to house your transducer in. All I did with my transducer was to seat it in a bed of silicon and its work fine and as to date has not come unstuck with a seasons use and all the loading and unloading from the car.

The extenson I think you are on about you can get from Hook1 in the states.

Hope this helps

ChrisW

Hi Chris !

Thanks for that ! i will give it a try and look at the Hook 1 site :-))

Mark

Noodle and connector were bought from Lidl's, if your unable to get hold of the connector you could produce a similar thing with a block of high density packaging foam and a piece of plastic pipe which you push through the foam to create the hole and plug, works very well indeed, have used this method to make scupper bungs as well, you can sharpen the pipe a little with a file if necessary.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Noodle and connector were bought from Lidl's, if your unable to get hold of the connector you could produce a similar thing with a block of high density packaging foam and a piece of plastic pipe which you push through the foam to create the hole and plug, works very well indeed, have used this method to make scupper bungs as well, you can sharpen the pipe a little with a file if necessary.

SM :)

Hi Dave !

Thanks for that :D

How are things ? i have been out of the water since October but now i am itching to get paddling again :clap2: .

Will you be making your way over for some fishing ? some evening smoothie fishing off Pagham ???

Regards

Mark