Humour deficiency ?

Cranfield

Is this the malaise that is affecting AN all of a sudden.

A few gentle, mildly amusing posts were made regarding closed threads and when I visit this morning, everything has been sanitised and removed.

None of my posts were vindictive, insulting, personal attacks, or any other reason for them being deleted.

If Admin has a problem with my posts, please have the common courtesy to send me a PM on the subject, when deleting my posts.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of mine have also dissapeared. Was it something I said? or someone I disagreed with?

Chesters, my offer still stands re The Warren, give me a PM when you are going (closer to the date) and I will come and look for you....................................... do you recognise the pic on pic of the day?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I have to say snap, I replied to a couple or three posts, one on nurses pay and ferret's 10,000th post which had 4 pictures on it (none offensive as far as I could see) this was reinstated after a while and this am it has gone again.

At one stage I saw 5 locked threads, I could undertand 2 possibly 3 of them being closed but the other 2 I thought were fine especially the 10,000th post thread, it is a milestone after all. This morning they have all gone :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Must admit - this site does lack in its humour. I have to be careful what I say or some mong will take offence.

Yogi. :thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

I certainly noticed that quite a lot has gone missing from last night, I didn't see all of what was posted but nothing I saw was offensive or even looked at though it would lead to problems.

There wasn't anything particularly cerebral either but that's not the point of NFC; is it?

I think in this instance an explanation would be welcome.

I certainly noticed that quite a lot has gone missing from last night, I didn't see all of what was posted but nothing I saw was offensive or even looked at though it would lead to problems.

There wasn't anything particularly cerebral either but that's not the point of NFC; is it?

I think in this instance an explanation would be welcome.

Methinks that there has been a clash of personalities, behind the scenes, in this case.

It seems that it resulted in Dave (Ferret), getting suspended.

I didn't see anything offensive in the posts last night, but from the tone of them it was obvious what was going to happen.

I posted recently, that although the number of people on line was increasing, the number of posts seemed to be decreasing. I wonder if the two things are connected?

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Some of mine have also dissapeared. Was it something I said? or someone I disagreed with?

Chesters, my offer still stands re The Warren, give me a PM when you are going (closer to the date) and I will come and look for you....................................... do you recognise the pic on pic of the day?

Den

Hi Den ,will let you know (and everyone else) when the grangers bless folkestone with their presence ,i will also PM you my mobile number but if were on the beach it has little signal so a pre arranged time could be made for a cup of tea (tell us if your a coffee drinker and we'l buy some) hopefully the first week of april money and weather permitting.

i did recognise the pic its errr folkestone looking towards dover with the good bit inbetween.

back on topic i didnt see the threads going errr what ones were they.

i rarely (but not always) respond now to certain topics (most know my feelings anyway) and let others get them deleted instead.

those that press the report post button rarely have anything interesting in responce to what they object to and resort to getting the thread closed rather than put forward valid reasons they find the others posting offencive.i for one would only report a post if i considered it dangerouse to be on view to the world and as such a danger to the poster ,in all other cases now its put up or shut up but hopefully not resorting to mere name calling.

i (we chesters1) used to get the blame for lots of posts being deleted ,i do get a bit outrageous occasionally but if you read what i say rather than just cherry picking hopefully most are from both sides of the argument but ofcourse those that just see the bits they dont like will ignore the rest and retaliate anyway.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Most of the sanitizing and removals from yesterday were my doing and I can tell you that none who have posted on this topic were in any way the cause of the actions.

Cranfield - I apologize but I was a little busy and forgot my manners. I should have let you know when I removed a topic you had started that turned sour through no fault of yours.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

in defence of admins and moderators they have kept this website clean of racism, abuse, slander and insult i can only imagine they had good reason to delete them and we should all be thankful they do this to keep the website running as clean and sensible as it has done for so long.

cheers guys :thumbs:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

in defence of admins and moderators they have kept this website clean of racism, abuse, slander and insult i can only imagine they had good reason to delete them and we should all be thankful they do this to keep the website running as clean and sensible as it has done for so long.

cheers guys :thumbs:

Don't know about the sensible bit Andy, not while i'm around :crazy:

ave a look at my post from last night on this thread

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...9772&st=260