Disgraceful

BoozleBear

http://www.jiggerman.com/

This idiot has set up a website to show off his fish. His photo gallery astounds me. His prize catches are lying on gravel, no unhooking mat to be seen.

Plus, in one photo he seems to be holding a pike up oblivious to the fact his thumb is in its eye - in fact he's done it twice, and once topped it with nice gushes of blood from the gills.

And he seems to have done some photo shop work to invent the shortest pike in the world ever!

Some nice blood spattered Zander and an alchoholic Bream too. Nice.

Simon

Edited by BoozleBear

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It also looks like he plans to set fire to a Perch!!!

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

It looks to me like they've been dispatched ready for eating (in the zander pic you can see the priest). There's too much blood for them to be catch and release photos. I think it's an American site?

As distasteful as it is for some British anglers most people around the world fish for food, and I think that's what's going on here. I haven't looked at the rest of the site though.

EDIT: I think it's a German site. I think I'm correct in saying that in Germany you HAVE to kill what you catch. To do otherwise would be breaking the law!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I think it's a German site. I think I'm correct in saying that in Germany you HAVE to kill what you catch. To do otherwise would be breaking the law!

It's a Finnish site. (The URL forwards to a .fi domain.)

Shows how much better we treat the fish over here I guess.

I think the antis should do a tour of Europe first before they have a pop at us lot!!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

If they're dead, does it matter that they aren't on an unhooking mat? It's dangerous to think that antis would rather see "named" fish on unhooking mats than dead ones under the grill. You only have to look to Germany to see the error in that view. The Greens there disagree that we treat our fish better to the extent that they have made what we do illegal. Historically, catch and release was not about ethics or welfare, rather the idea that fish are too valuable to only catch them once (or to damage them in the process).

Are we sure that it is a genuine Angler as opposed to an anti pretending to be one. Easiest thing in the world to show how barbaric fishing is. Has anyone mailed the said Jiggerman suggesting he might wish to be more discerning with his photos?.

Meatballs

I think you will find that the Zander is a walleye and given that all of the links on the site are to American sites, it originated in America where photos like these would be considered completely normal.

Picking up the Pike with the thumb and finger stuck in the eye sockets would be seen by some as a good way of getting a secure grip. You can only hope the fish was dead at the time.

I have sea fished off Norway where picking the live cod up by the eye sockets was "normal" and don't forget, on commercial fishing boats, fish would often be gutted whilst still alive

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I think you will find that the Zander is a walleye and given that all of the links on the site are to American sites, it originated in America where photos like these would be considered completely normal.

His links may be American, but it's definitely a Finnish site - if you do a WHOIS search for the domain, you can see that the site was registered by a bloke called Markus Somethingunpronounceable from Halikko in western Finland. (There's a lot more detail than that if you really care to look.)

I think the antis should do a tour of Europe first before they have a pop at us lot!!

OI OI,

All the antis need to do is watch REX HUNT throwing (literley)his fish back & chucking carp up the bank to suffercate in the sun, send them to oz they would have a field day.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::nono::nono:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite