Brick Farm Fishery, Nr Hailsham, E. Sussex

Roland Rahal

I have been asked by a friend to accompany him to try the above fishery, in a couple of weeks.

Can find very little about it on the web, any one knows the fishery and can provide information ( i.e. flies to use, average size of the fish, facilities offered etc.)

Any information gratefully appreciated

Roland

WVDAA

Hi Roland

Fished it a good few times.Not a pretty venue by any means,but you will get your string pulled.First pool is small and totally open-ie hole in the ground.Park up infront of the pool.Right hand corner always seems to hold a fair few fish for some reason,but its that small it does not really make any odds.Bottom pool is bigger.Mid to far end is popular.Buzzers work very well,either a team or with diawl bachs.Any goldhead nymphs plus damsels will get you fish.

Not my idea of the sort of venue to kep returning to,but it is very very well stocked and there are some big fish to be caught,although the average is probably around 2lb.

Hi Roland

Fished it a good few times.Not a pretty venue by any means,but you will get your string pulled.First pool is small and totally open-ie hole in the ground.Park up infront of the pool.Right hand corner always seems to hold a fair few fish for some reason,but its that small it does not really make any odds.Bottom pool is bigger.Mid to far end is popular.Buzzers work very well,either a team or with diawl bachs.Any goldhead nymphs plus damsels will get you fish.

Not my idea of the sort of venue to kep returning to,but it is very very well stocked and there are some big fish to be caught,although the average is probably around 2lb.

I'm having a look around for some fisheries in the area for the coming season - only really ever been to Bewl in the past. May try this Brick Farm one - can anyone recommend any others around Kent / Sussex area?

I'm having a look around for some fisheries in the area for the coming season - only really ever been to Bewl in the past. May try this Brick Farm one - can anyone recommend any others around Kent / Sussex area?

Plenty of places in the area.

Pembury,Kent,Springhill fishery.Nice small complex,rainbows and browns.Some catch and release as well.Very nice owner.

Tenterden Fishery.Very pleasant place,catch and release there as well.

Boringwheel,near Nutley.Free boats.

Lakedown fishery.Very nice spot.Four lakes,stream fed.

all the above have a lodge,tea coffee etc,toilets.

Bear in mind Brick Farm has none of the above.Its cheap and chearful fishing,six fish £30.

Chalk Springs,near Arundel.Nice small complex,very clear water.

Duncton Mill,near Petworth.cracking place,four lakes,super club house,free tea coffee and biccys :clap2: .Only open on day tickets during the winter months.

Hope that helps :lol:

Plenty of places in the area.

Pembury,Kent,Springhill fishery.Nice small complex,rainbows and browns.Some catch and release as well.Very nice owner.

Tenterden Fishery.Very pleasant place,catch and release there as well.

Boringwheel,near Nutley.Free boats.

Lakedown fishery.Very nice spot.Four lakes,stream fed.

all the above have a lodge,tea coffee etc,toilets.

Bear in mind Brick Farm has none of the above.Its cheap and chearful fishing,six fish £30.

Chalk Springs,near Arundel.Nice small complex,very clear water.

Duncton Mill,near Petworth.cracking place,four lakes,super club house,free tea coffee and biccys :clap2: .Only open on day tickets during the winter months.

Hope that helps :lol:

Thanks chuby. Think I went to Chalk Springs once - beautiful but quite expensive I seem to recall.

Will certainly look into some of those. Thanks muchly for your help.

D

Thanks chuby. Think I went to Chalk Springs once - beautiful but quite expensive I seem to recall.

Will certainly look into some of those. Thanks muchly for your help.

D

Don't forget Arlington reservoir.Think its £20 for eight fish.Boats available as well. :thumbs:

Thanks for the info Chuby, going tomorrow, but as one of the guys is also bringing his wife to teach her to fish, we have decided to go to Wherwell where the facilities are excellent.

Will try Brick Farm another time.

Regards

Roland

Roland

WVDAA