Rod licences are going to be a disaster to angling as we know it

big_cod

You don't mean to say that they are trying to get it increased to 45cm by any chance to make it worthwhile?

Hi barry

Just trying to stay on a level and fair playing field with other EU fishermen and also to mimmise the discards,

steve

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi barry

Just trying to stay on a level and fair playing field with other EU fishermen and also to mimmise the discards,

steve

Hi Steve, i know it's not really in topic, where do you catch the majority of your bass, within six miles or out. When you use live makerel, is it over the wrecks or rough ground. Cheers.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Steve, i know it's not really in topic, where do you catch the majority of your bass, within six miles or out. When you use live makerel, is it over the wrecks or rough ground. Cheers.

Hi barry luxton

QUOTE/ where do you catch the majority of your bass, within six miles or out

About, 2/3 between the 6 to 12 mile limits, and about 1/3 inside the 6 mile limit

QUOTE/ When you use live makerel, is it over the wrecks or rough ground. Cheers.

All grounds, wrecks,rough,smooth/flat and alot of banky ground

steve

I have read this thread several times and for the most part it dwells on the negative issues of a license not the positive arguments.

Ken, I think the problem is that it seems to be something for nothing. The closest parallel I can see with the freshwater licensing system is the conflict between consents for commercial abstraction of water and the desire of anglers to have some water in the rivers through the Summer. I just don't see that coarse anglers coughing up 20 quid a year has given them any more clout in that conflict. Certainly it seems to me that in matters of conservation, the birdwatching lobby (who don't pay a single penny to government for their hobby) have massively more influence than anglers do.

The usual government strategy these days is to tax things that they want less of and subsidise things they want more of. I am absolutely sick of angling having its hand in its pocket when other hobbies, sports and interests in which I have no interest get massive amounts of government money. That's money out of my pocket going to pay for "grass roots football", olympic bids, opera and art galleries, and then I'm to be expected to pay to fish from the beaches?

Hi Baboon,

Is it true that you have to alert those marching through the swamp to the dangers of the alligators because they are too blind to see them?

I'm sure it has not escaped your attention that the handful of marchers have grown scales too, having been in that swamp for so long.

Hi Baboon,

Is it true that you have to alert those marching through the swamp to the dangers of the alligators because they are too blind to see them?

I'm sure it has not escaped your attention that the handful of marchers have grown scales too, having been in that swamp for so long.

oooh--deep!

2nd para.. all animals are equal?

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

oooh--deep!

2nd para.. all animals are equal?

Hi roryh

I think Mr Baboon has registered following an article in the latest BASS magazine written by Leon Roskilly, hence the obscure screen name.

To be honest unless you read the original extract you could be forgiven for thinking my comments deep. I won't be posting up what was written due to copyright issues and respect for the Society.

By all means ask Mr Roskilly for a copy of his article though. :thumbs:

Edited by Sharkbyte

Hi roryh

I think Mr Baboon has registered following an article in the latest BASS magazine written by Leon Roskilly, hence the obscure screen name.

To be honest unless you read the original extract you could be forgiven for thinking my comments deep. I won't be posting up what was written due to copyright issues and respect for the Society.

By all means ask Mr Roskilly for a copy of his article though. :thumbs:

:thumbs: Aha! the murk thins...cheers :thumbs:

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

so, I am happy as an individual to pay my freshwater licence, and take nothing home, I pay for my Fyke net licence`s for what I make out of them, all above board, why should we not pay for sea rod licence? commercials will have to pay a licence fee soon, how can we be excluded? its all cast in stone while its being debated here, FACT, crumbs we are going to pay extra for bins to be emptied so why should we be greived