A word of warning

Team Man

Thought I would give my reels a service, so yesterday I went out to the garage to get the fishing box, moved it out of the garage, shut the door turned around and thats when I noticed the back of the box, I had had a visitor, a rat had chewed through the back, I had stupidly left a pack of boilies and a pack of carp pellets in the bottom of the box (I hate b***dy rats), we see an awfull lot of them here in Lincolnshire, I should have known better, I normally make sure I don't leave bait about........So, a word of warning

post-11575-1173213440_thumb.jpg

Edited by Team Man

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

I didn't see him, but I can smell the buggers in the garage, Iv'e been free of them this winter up untill now, I thought I'd got away with them this year.

PS

It, or they had also eaten a landing net

Edited by Team Man

Alan

'tis definitely a bummer when they get at your stuff, I had mice chew the cork handles on my rods a couple of winters back.

Looks like you had it fooled for a while though, at least until it ate down past the orange plastic. :D

Some of the rats up here are as big as B***dy cats :headhurt: , I have a Dyke running down the side of my field, every 5 years in the winter months the dredge the silt out, and then we have rats all over the place trying to move into any buildings they can, but they are not due to dredge it for another year or two.

Alan

For safety I keep 3 baited Mouse traps set around my angling stuff. I catch one every two months or so, thankfully ( up to now ) before they do any damage.

You can buy larger Rat traps, but be carefull setting them up !

Andrew Boyd

For safety I keep 3 baited Mouse traps set around my angling stuff. I catch one every two months or so, thankfully ( up to now ) before they do any damage.

You can buy larger Rat traps, but be carefull setting them up !

Hi Andrew,

Although I absolutely detest Rats I find it very dificult to bring myself to killing them, a friend of mine died from Weil's disease (leptospira) at the age of 34, it started with a headache he said he couldn't shift, I never saw him again he died in hospital a week later.

Edited by Team Man

Alan

On the subject of mouse traps and dead mice i know of some one not mentioning any names who caught a couple in his shed and tried using them as dead baits for pike big single hook through the scruff of the neck lol

I once made a rat trap, I needed something that would trap without killing; mechanically it worked well, although I never caught a rat but I got tired of releasing a Hedgehog almost every morning and I also had a Magpie and a Blue tit in there(not at the same time).

Edited by ayjay