advice where do i stand?

thurso angler

OI OI,

Sorry to here your having so much trouble i hope you sort it soon if you get your monies back get yourself a toyota there nearly as good as land roverbut you get more with a toyota for less money.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

It sounds like you have what we in the States term a "lemon" - a vehicle that for some unknown reason does not and probably will not work right. Not common but the do occur often enough that we now have a 'lemon law' that will allow you to force the manufacturer to replace the vehicle with one that works. However, AFAIK it only applies to ones bought new.

I had a van years ago (before the law was passed) that did the same sort of thing and was finally able to get rid of it by having large lemons painted on the sides with wording saying what dealer sold it and parking the van near the dealership. They finally agreed to replace it for me. :D :D

At a guess, the thing will not ever be really fixed so the sooner you can get shut of it, the better.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi William...Sorry to hear of your plight mate....its not fun !!!!! I wont say..."Why did you buy one of those "...!!!! as I should .... :rolleyes: But, I really do think you have a good case of rejection....have you been to Citizens Advice Bureau yet ??....I'm having similar probs with a £1000 laptop, been away for repair twice already under warranty...and soon going in again...next time its getting rejected.....:( I wish I had done some research on them before buying it.....

I dont think you will have a claim for a new motor, as you did buy secondhand...whats the saying, something like caveat emptor.....buyer beware mate....but you should have a good claim for some sort of recompense......

AND, get yer local paper involved, they love those sort of stories, unless the garage is an advertiser with them......

To be honest, it doesnt instill a lot of confidence in the car..even after it is repaired to your satisfaction........it wouldnt for me anyway !!!!

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi William...Sorry to hear of your plight mate....its not fun !!!!! I wont say..."Why did you buy one of those "...!!!! as I should .... :rolleyes: But, I really do think you have a good case of rejection....have you been to Citizens Advice Bureau yet ??....I'm having similar probs with a £1000 laptop, been away for repair twice already under warranty...and soon going in again...next time its getting rejected.....:( I wish I had done some research on them before buying it.....

I dont think you will have a claim for a new motor, as you did buy secondhand...whats the saying, something like caveat emptor.....buyer beware mate....but you should have a good claim for some sort of recompense......

AND, get yer local paper involved, they love those sort of stories, unless the garage is an advertiser with them......

To be honest, it doesnt instill a lot of confidence in the car..even after it is repaired to your satisfaction........it wouldnt for me anyway !!!!

thanks norrie, that the problem if i do get the car back, i will never be happy with it now.

It sounds like you have what we in the States term a "lemon" - a vehicle that for some unknown reason does not and probably will not work right. Not common but the do occur often enough that we now have a 'lemon law' that will allow you to force the manufacturer to replace the vehicle with one that works. However, AFAIK it only applies to ones bought new.

I had a van years ago (before the law was passed) that did the same sort of thing and was finally able to get rid of it by having large lemons painted on the sides with wording saying what dealer sold it and parking the van near the dealership. They finally agreed to replace it for me. :D :D

At a guess, the thing will not ever be really fixed so the sooner you can get shut of it, the better.

Newt, i think your right mate, we call them a plug over here, and im sure ive got one! :schmoll:

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

ok just been on the phone to jeep uk, they basically said we can assist you in putting pressure on the garage to speed up repair or if you are not happy with the garages service but if you are rejecting the car then your greivance is with them.

i explained that i suspected as much but thought they as the manufacturer would like to know before i went to press/court, they didnt seem to concerned :(

anymore ideas folks?

Edited by thurso angler

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

"Forza Dons"

CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TRADING STANDARDS!!! And tell them you have JUST contacted the local press!!! If you DON'T get any mileage out of this I'll bare my backside on the church steps!!!! The town hall is a bit TOO public, the church has a very nice little tree lined.......I'll get me coat!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

watchdog can be good for embarrassment factor - but they quite fussy about the stories they run with

where is the main dealer you bought it from?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

main dealer is in inverness, just spoken to solicitor and she feels they called me last night updating me on the situation in the hope i would agree with them and accept the car, chancing there hand if you like.

she is now writting a nasty letter asking why they didnt have the decency to make all correspondance through her as requested, and that we will now be upping our efforts of pursueal press/courts.

"Forza Dons"

Rather off topic but on the lines of faulty items. A company I do some part time work for has recently leased a machine to fold forms and insert them into envelopes. Initially the machine was about a month late arriving which caused problems as it was leased for a particular job and wasn't available to be used when needed. When it did arrive, the engineer installed it but the display showed a major fault with one section of it. It later transpired that a ribbon cable connecting 2 sections of the machine was faulty because one connection had missed the 'crimp'. (obviously thoroughly tested before leaving the factory). Due to faults feeding envelopes through, investigation revealed a rough edge on a plate inside which had to be rubbed smooth. Quality control appeared to be non-existant on this machine. Engineers must have been there every day for the next two weeks without success. everything got the blame. the envelopes were declared the problem (Incidentally supplied by the machine suppliers). Change of envelopes failed to cure the problems. the final answer was to replace the machine with one that they had actually tested. The situation had not been improved as this was a new machine which none of the engineers was used to. One stated he had attended a seminar two years ago but had no actual experience of the machine.

Steam rules