Letting off a bit of steam

Ferg

Apologies in advance if this is inappropriate for this forum if it is I understand if it is removed

I feel like I need to do this just to get it all off my chest.

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread about my central heating. Got some good advice. Got someone in to look at it and as a result was told "we'll get back to you when we've a spare day" As a result I waited nearly 2 weeks without heating and hot water before going to the Yellow Pages and getting another Plumber.

Plumber came, had a look and told me what the problem was, basically there was a large amount of crap in the system from when the house was built (the builders F***cl****S) looked at this and said there was nothing wrong (fill in the missing letters NW developer).

2 days later another plumber came to flush out the system, tried from the mains and nothing was moving, tried to reverse it by flusing from one of the rads still nothing moving, called his boss, soon had 2 more plumbers who tried their damnedist to sort it out but after two hours decided that what was in my pipes had set like concrete so got a quote to re-pipe the whole central heating system in the house (not cheap). Miraculacly soon after the water started flowing from my radiators so they could do the original flushing out job and the bill went down from 4 figures to 3 figures.

To relax a bit from this stress I decided next week to take a week off to enjoy the last week of the river season. Thursday i was going to pay the entry fee for a fishing festival event I am fishing over Easter and I heard one of those noises in the car engine that someone who only owns a car can hear, the engine tone wasn't quite right. Took it into my garage this afternoon to be told a pulley in either the auxilary belt or the cam belt has broken. That means no car all weekend and in the garage on Monday to be fixed with me not knowing when i'll get it back so that screws up the fishing next week, plus probably more 3 figure outlay!

Then to cap it all I got home from work today there was free newspapers (which had been dumped by some kids who were delivering them) all over the close so as a good neighbour I collected them up and put them in my wheelie bin, in the process stepping in some dog sh1t which I didn't notice and walked through the house.

Please tell me these things do only happen in 3s and if anyone I know knows where the mirror I broke is please can they point it out to me.

Right end of rant. The only thing I would say is if you have a plumbing prob don't do as I did get it sorted as an A1 priorty.

Thank you for listening to this drivel it has made me feel slightly better :headhurt::blink::wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by Ferg

That has to class as one of the more horrible weeks I can remember hearing about given that no one died or became seriously ill.

I think your rant was rather mild, all things considered. Hopefully you've seen the end of this partuclar run of rotten luck.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Fully sympathise with you mate, BUT, it could be worse. You seem to be able to pay your way out of trouble (its only money) and just keep your head down and you will win out :)

Shame about the dog poo though :) :)

Den "laugh and the world laughs with you" (or is that "at you" ? )

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Ferg, I HOPE you feel somewhat better now matey!! And the moral of this (Unfortunate Story) NEVER EVER trust a plumber to call back or you will stuff your engine and walk dog poo all over the house!!! And the fishing?? Well SH1T happens to the best of us!! As is so ABLY proved by your GOOD self!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

"Letting off a bit of steam, Can things get ant worse"

ofcourse it can and probably far worse than you can imagine. :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson