tips on spoding

ciaran

That clip is from the Angling Lines DVD, which I sat and watched with a friend the other day. If anyone is interested in fishing in France, I thoroughly recommend they follow the link at the top of this page and get their copy. Their guide to fishing in France is well worth watching and you also get to see every venue, too.

I can second that Elton,I got one back in the summer and I had the latest one come in the post a couple of weeks back. Excellent quality video and footage and information on the venues.

It really does get you thinking that if you have never been to France before, maybe it's time to try it out. I have never had a mad desire to fish the big French venues, but after the DVD me and my other half are seriously thinking of trying it out in the future, as they are all not 20-40 acre mahusive pits,we liked the look of Hideaway lake on there, small, very mature and quiet, so it gives you a broader prospective on some of the venues out there and the fact that you don't have to have 3.5 tc rods, with Daiwa Basia's or boats baits, sky pods etc to fish some of the venues.

Edited by trevor2003

• 2 weeks later...
I have never had a mad desire to fish the big French venues, but after the DVD me and my other half are seriously thinking of trying it out in the future, as they are all not 20-40 acre mahusive pits,

A thing to bear in mind that even the largest of lakes from an angler's point of view is really just lots & lots of small swims all connected by water. You just find one that looks likely and fish it. If no luck, find another and so on.

Most of my local lakes are from 1000 acres and up (way up for some of them) and while I may cover lots of water when lure fishing from a boat /w trolling motor, carp sessions are a matter of locating a swim that looks good and fishing it like you would any swim on any size lake.

An advantage for me on larger lakes is that I can always find a place where the majority of the features are fairly close in. Since I struggle to cast over about 40 yards (and only accurate to about 30 yards), I avoid those where it takes a 120 yard thump or more to get a rigs & bait out among the fish.

The tales you read of long bait boat runs to put out bait and rowing out to drop your rig are true but I suspect they are the exception rather than the normal way of doing things.

Last month, Budgie, Andrew and I joined Hoppy4 to fish the Potomac River in Washington D.C. The river where we set up is a little over a half mile wide but we fished near some bridge abutments within easy casting distance of shore because that is where the fish were. Granted, there may also have been plenty of fish in mid-river but we had enough close in to keep us busy.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Capital...ing-t78604.html

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President