Angler's Mail Pike Man

Elton

blimey all this mallarky going on, i just wanted to congratulate Mark and remind him how the last incumbant of that job got the boot. ie there were live fish in his :P . No but really Mark well done i am sure you will make a great contribution

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean the one that lists posts from the P+P site and omits the post that mentions Mike Ladles site? Selective quoting at it's worst. You're wrong, Peter, and squirming like Charlie Bettell does when he's proved wrong won't change that. :P

Dave, the above reads as if you're assuming that I have intentionally omitted the post that mentions Mike Ladles site. That is quite simply not so. As for squirming like Charlie Bettell, you are having a laugh.

I made it clear that if I had made a mistake then I appologise. No squirming, a statement of fact.

Edited by Peter Waller

I saw the news in last weeks anglers mail. I personally wish mark all the best with this venture as Ive always found him a sound chap who shares a passion for preds. Mark, now you have national coverage, use it wisely and dont fall down the pitfalls a certain mr williams fell down, namely tarnishing the name of us pred men.

I saw the news in last weeks anglers mail. I personally wish mark all the best with this venture as Ive always found him a sound chap who shares a passion for preds. Mark, now you have national coverage, use it wisely and dont fall down the pitfalls a certain mr williams fell down, namely tarnishing the name of us pred men.

I know next to nothing about predator angling but remember watching A Compleat Angler with Geoffrey Palmer and Rae Borras retreading Isaak Walton's footsteps. Acknowledging that zander wouldn't have been around in Isaak's time, they decide to fish for the zander anyway. If I'm not mistaken that was under Mark Barrett's tutelage and very informative and a natural TV performer he proved to be too. My understanding of zander and how to fish for them certainly shot forward in leaps and bounds. If he can write half as well as he can talk on camera, then Anglers Mail readers will be well served.

He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days without taking a fish. (Hemingway - The old man and the sea)

Fair enough Peter. Consider the matter closed. :)

But can you do me a favour? Make your signature picture narrower? Not everyone has a widescreen PC... :P

It fits my tiddly little screen but I will have a play! As it was I thought it quite a nice proportion ;) Anyway, after some tinkering I have made it narrower, any better?

Leon, how thin do you want it? Any thinner and it means cropping the boat!

Edited by Peter Waller

It fits my tiddly little screen but I will have a play! As it was I thought it quite a nice proportion ;) Anyway, after some tinkering I have made it narrower, any better?

Leon, how thin do you want it? Any thinner and it means cropping the boat!

Hi Peter,

In your first sentance above, the 'y' in 'Anyway' gets cut in half on my screen, and I have to scroll the page left to see what's beyond.

Leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Blimey! And I thought I had a small one! (so to speak)

What size screens are you guys using, and what resolution?

Leon - I realise yours is probably black and white and has valves and stuff, but what about everyone else? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE