How was it for you....?

Chris Plumb

A minnow what more can i say, spent the last week away on holiday but managed to grab a few hrs on the wensum where we were staying found a small shoal of roach that went missing as the light started to drop 1 last cast the float dipped and out came the fattest minnow i've ever set eyes on, but on a lighter note got to use my centre pin for the 1st time proper and what a joy it is to use, shame i have to wait 3 blody months to use it again!

Guest Rabbit

Nice one Anthony :thumbs:

I have been promising myself a trip up to the Salwarp this winter but never did. I have never fished the River but I understand it's fishable when the Severn is in flood. Seems good for float fishing far bank, remember Matt Hayes did a programme on the venue, and he caught a mixed bag of mostly chub. Have you seen/caught barbel there?

River carp in my mind are worth double brownie points as opposed to commercials, tell your boss that and I am sure he will be impressed.

Edited by Rabbit

How was it for me? I spent the last day in trauma department being prodded and poked following my knee injury at the weekend! Thanks to football I've barely been fishing this year!

Rich

Nice one Anthony :thumbs:

I have been promising myself a trip up to the Salwarp this winter but never did. I have never fished the River but I understand it's fishable when the Severn is in flood. Seems good for float fishing far bank, remember Matt Hayes did a programme on the venue, and he caught a mixed bag of mostly chub. Have you seen/caught barbel there?

River carp in my mind are worth double brownie points as opposed to commercials, tell your boss that and I am sure he will be impressed.

Thanks Rabbit,

I havn't seen any barbel come out of the salwarpe but I'm sure they do move up in the floods. I have only fished it a couple of times this year as I have been concentrating on the avon but it is a brilliant little river to fish stick float tactics or even the pole can work too. I also caught my PB chub from there last year which weighed 5lb 1oz and shows that it's not just a small fish river.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!