German Girl Two

Peter Waller

Hi HOPPY4,

very nice to meet you. I'm glad that you enjoy the reading. To what river or lake do you like to go fishing? :P

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrizia, As I am in the USA, it will not be as informative as our British angling friends. Although, I was a member of the Kitzingen Sports-Angler Verein along with the Haasfurt Angler Verein for a number of years. It was and remains a Very Enjoyable memory to have fished in Germany. If there is a particular river that I would have called my water of choice, it would have been the Main. This in part to it running through my home in Wuerzburg. Here in the USA thus far, I will say that the Potomac will have this title. As I am learning the ropes here in this area, I can not place one water above or below another. Good Luck to YOU as you travel around the British landscape and keep us informed about your exploits.

HOPPY4

HOPPY

Thanks, Hoppy, for answering my questions so fast. So you lived in Germany. I'm glad that you've liked it. And I've lived in the states, for two years and three month. In California - Hollywood -, in Texas - close to Dallas - and in Louisiana - close to the Mississippi. But even if I would have fished back then, I would have stayed away from that river. It's romantic and all, but the mosquitos come right out of hell. And they seem to love german blood. I've looked like I had the plague. :crazy: Otherwise it was really nice over there.

And you went fishing on the Main. That's a beautiful river, that I only saw, but never fished in, unfortunately. But if you liked it, I can give it a try. I always go on the Rhein, close to the Main.

I wish you good luck too and I'll do my best to keep you informed. Hope to speak to you soon again. B)

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

nice to meet you. I have no idea, what a hubby is, but I suppose that your talking about my better half. He showed me how to fish, but how do you know that he's a fisherman?

brit in Germany. Hubby is Husband.

Ronny fitted my heating system in my Mansion, as I lived on the Mösel, many moons ago!

EDIT: If you like the British people so much, come and have a peek at our website, we are an expat community of mainly Brits living in Germany:

w w w . thebrits .de written together of course!

hope Admin don´t mind the Plug! not a fishing site, so no competition!

[admin note: we don't even mind angling sites & forums so feel free to post links as links such as your http://www.thebrits.de/ site. Newt]

Edited by Newt

What a coincidence. Look at that, who would ever believe, we would meet in this forum. And I wondered myself silly, who you where. :headhurt:

Thanks for the clarification. :clap:

Edit: I'll do that with pleasure. Thanks for the link!

I've just taken a fast look. It seems to be a nice forum. I'll look through it soon! :clap2:

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Let Newt out of the closet. :bigemo_harabe_net-163: What do I have to hear: Oh, my poor ears: "Never mind Fellas, she's married". I hope, I'm more to you all then only that. I'm shure you'll get over the fact, that I found a nice man, faster than the joke you've made this morning, Peter, and we'll be good friends. :thumbs: I like you all too much and I would really miss you, cracy bunch. :rolleyes:

Be happy for me, that I'm not allone in life and that I, hopefully, found good new friends.

Yours,

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Big Brother is watching you. :unsure: That's cute, Peter. :lol: I'm a bit afraid to ask, but or else what? :blink:

But to get back to the topic, tell me more about the fish-ins. Where the event is taking place? How often a year? ... and so on. Are not members like husbands allowed to fish?

4ham55k.jpg

Guest Rabbit

Patritza I have just got back from work and it seems you have married :sad2: But the thought of a single girl no a sigle GERMAN girl travelling through England in a old Post Ofiice van and indulging herself in the sport that we love was just too good to be true. So we have to pick up the pieces of our broken hearts and somehow carry on.

Only joking :rolleyes: I am too married and so is Peter. Peter is more than married he is a Grandfather, I am just a father and much younger :clap2: I am sorry the original thread was 'pulled' but we have to live with that on here, I think Newt is a very good moderator, but is a bit trigger happy at times <_< (American)

Speak to you soon

Neil