German Girl Two

Peter Waller

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris, I had planned for the 'day', based on Trev's date. At the last moment we discovered that the date and the day did not tally! What should have happened on Sunday, was now happening on Saturday, and I was working. Anyway, met up with the gang, and, first time ever, Trev was not late! They all went off for their day and planted a wreath, I went to work. I suspect that they caught very little. The big old girls were very definitely gravid a week before the event. Good to hear from you.

"nice to meet you. Where do you go fishing?"

Anywhere that takes my fancy Patty. Nice to meet you too.

So your a wonderer like me, I see! But you must have a favorite spot, where you like to sit on your fancy for a short while.

By the way, Peter. I was just looking a bit through the posts of this topic and guess what I found: (Eva, Hamburg, 1964) The short memory. So you've been to Germany. How did you like it? I mean the country not Eva. :rolleyes: Did you go fishing there?

4ham55k.jpg

I got out of my pit at four in the morning to get my things together. I was supposed to share a boat with Barry, but he didn't feel too chipper on the saturday and decided not to stay the whole day. Josie was out of sorts too so Trev said he wasn't there all day either. I stayed home in the end. I hope it all went well for them. As I understood it they were going to place a wreath close to where we all spotted that pike hit the surface, and half a dozen lures hit the same spot in virtually the same instant. It was typical that old Gerry wass the one to hook it eh? I seemed to remember it being pretty close to your back garden, but my GPS isn't always all that. It's a nice memory though.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

So your a wonderer like me, I see! But you must have a favorite spot, where you like to sit on your fancy for a short while.

By the way, Peter. I was just looking a bit through the posts of this topic and guess what I found: (Eva, Hamburg, 1964) The short memory. So you've been to Germany. How did you like it? I mean the country not Eva. :rolleyes: Did you go fishing there?

Sit on my fancy?? You been peeking Patty? :D

I've fished everywhere from garden ponds to the Atlantic ocean, but I've nver topped the days spent up to my knees in my village stream stalking stickies and Miller's Thumbs. There's some fish pictures of mine in the site gallery somewhere. :)

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Sit on my fancy?? You been peeking Patty? :D

I was a bit bored, so I thought, peek on Chris. :bangin: bad Patrizia, you little devil.

But I must say your fishingtrips seem to be interesting, fishing in a garden pond. :fishing1: What did you catch there? By the way, you wouldn't believe, what you can catch in a village stream! Sometimes more than in the atlantic ocean :boat: I shure must see your fish pictures. Hope I find them.

Edit: I looked around in the gallery, and I've seen a lot of pictures, but I'm not shure which ones are yours. I guess I have to look again.

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Patty, I worked, if you can call it that, in Kiel, sometimes Bremerhaven, sometimes Cuxhaven. I had a very nice job moving yachts and small craft around, mainly from the British Kiel Yacht Club. It was an interesting, and confusing time and I made some very good friends, especially amongst the young German military. But at that time 1960's, even though I was there as a civilian, I was seen, by some, as being a member of an occupying power and the resentment was clear. Others, though, were incredibly warm and welcoming. The saddest part was when camp victims would seek me out in a quiet corner of a pub, normally the toilets, to show me their tattooed numbers on their wrists, and to thank the British!

I found the country, especially the Black Forest exceptionally beautiful, and I loved my trips down the Kiel Kanal. I was horrified at some of the war damage that was still about back then. As I say, a confused time. One thing I do remember was the fights, German teenagers, back then would fight quite viciously between themselves. And German girls, ahhh, the way they speak English, enough to make the hair stand up on the back of any fellow's neck!

I feel touched, that you share this privat experiences with me.

I can understand, that it was a disturbing experience, when the poor victims of the nazis, the few that survived the terrible holocaust, showed you there numbers. I don't know what to say, exept, that it brakes my heart, to think, that the generations, that lived in Germany before I was born, commited such a crime on humanity. I feel very much with the victims and their familys. And even a lot of germans suffert under Hitler. But I also must say, we chanced a lot since then, at least the most of us.

But I'm glad your job was interesting and that you liked some of the countryside of germany. Did you ever come back after you left Germany? There is no more war damage now.

And now I must say, that I don't speak english with a strong german akzent. I was always complimentet on my english, while I lived in London, and the british never knew, before I told them, that I came from germany. But I can understand, that your hair on your body stood up, by hearing english with a bad german akzent, because the same thing happens to me, when I hear it. It's not very cute.

Thanks again for showing me your serious side.

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg