Peter Waller

Pervading mists lift from the golden surface

As the morning's first sounds awaken the sun

Telling the story of life rising to a new day

Rivers flow, lakes lay waiting, a lady steps quietly

Into that place where fish are beginning to move and to feed

Zips zip, and velcro rips, and the water stirs as bait goes in

Into the depths to tempt those ghost-like silvery-golden shadows of the deep

And then all is still again, as the lady waits, while the morning breeze softly strokes her hair

:P

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Leon,

I can't believe it. That's a very beautyful poem. I'm deeply touched. There is another Poet in the forum, look at that. Is it just a hobby for you, or are you a publishhed author? I mean that very seriously. That was deep!!! Even though it isn't the first poem that I'm getting, it shurely is one of the best, that touched the heart of a fisherwomen. Thanks again, it was wonderful! :clap: Even though a bit indicent. I better don't show that to my husband. :black_eye:

Where do YOU go fishing? That would interest me. Only in a friendly way, of course, just a platonic interest. Then we could exchange poetry and fish. :clap2: Would be nice to become friends with a poet-fisherman! :yeah:

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Leon's got it bad :rolleyes:;)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Is it just a hobby for you, or are you a publishhed author?

Well if you look towards the back of Ed Swiers 'A Passion for Pike', there is something written by me :)

Not a poem though :(

Oh! Google found this http://www.glooskapandthefrog.org/outside%20in.htm (some way down the page)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Oh Leon,

you do write beautyful, I have to say that again. :thumbs: That's exactly what I feel, when I'm in nature, sitting on the water. I wish you could read german, than I could send you my work, my poems and my novel, and you could tell me what you think of it. Too bad. Did you ever think of publishing your literary work. I'm shure you got much more of those wonderful word-arangements at home.

I can only compliment you again. It's really lovely, you write with your heart and with a passion for life, just like I do.

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

I can only compliment you again. It's really lovely, you write with your heart and with a passion for life, just like I do.

For the first time in my life, I wish that I could read German!

I found this:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Articles/September.html

(Since that was written the UK government has banned UK boats from pair trawling in UK waters, maybe that helped a little perhaps. Writing with passion has power)

I'm going to be sick!!!!!!!

Poor Dunk :(

RNLI Shoreline Member

I'm going to be sick!!!!!!!

Come on now, don't be sick, please. That was a very lovely poem, maybe of topic, but wonderful. Maybe you just don't like poetry, and that's alright, everybody got the right to post his or her opinion.

Don't worry about, what he said, Leon. I like your writing very much. I'll check that link out right away!

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Dear Leon,

I'm deeply moved by your words, from the bottom of my heart. Who ever reads this article and still doesn't see a creature with feelings, in a fish and has a crying heart for the poor slaughters dolphines, who lose there life so senseless, can not call him- or herself a human beeing. I nearly cried. It made me aware again, that we, as fisherman or -women, as human beeings, like every person, that walks the face of the earth, have to always respekt nature and every life within. We, as humans, must protect every creature, and the worst part of it is, that we have to protect them for our own kind, who doesn't see the right of every beeing for a dignified life and death.

I'm very sorry now, that my englich is so poor. I could say much better, what I mean in german. Still you have moved me. Like I said before, you write with your heart and a passion for life.

Yours,

Patty

4ham55k.jpg