German Girl Two

Peter Waller

Morning Chris, just good up and had to look of course in the forum. Oh my god, I think I'm addicted :help: , but it's a good addiction.

Thanks for the link, I would have never found it myself. Did I mention, That I am a loser, when it comes to using the internet? That was nice to watch, great pictures. But one thing disturbs me a little bit: How come you all catch much bigger fish then I do? :fishing: You, just like Leon, caught a pike, that could have been the grandfather of the one, that I've caught. By the way, Petri Heil, that's what we say in Germany after a good catch. What is your technik, what kind of lure are you using, to catch such big fish?

Yopu seem to really love nature, even the pictures, that are not from fishing, are beautyful taken. :thumbs:

Please don't let me die some day a bad fisherwomen, tell me your fishing secrets! :secret:

Hi Patty,

To be honest I rarely catch big pike on lures, I prefer using dead-baits. Sardines and Herrings etc.

Yes I do love nature passionately, in fact I've just got back from a visit to a badger's sett. I've been feeding them peanuts close to the sett and I'm hoping to be lucky enough to photograph them at some point.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ian,

thank you very much for the accurate information. The Avon sounds like a great place to fish. With so many diffrent sorts of fish to catch, it isn't so bad that carps and zanders are rare. Maggotts and a feederrod is my kind of fishing. And in the summer night fishing is allowed too. Sounds nearly to good to be true. I wish, I could travel right now to the Avon. The price for a ticket is also alright, and maybe even free fishing. Boy, I wish we had that here. :D

Thanks also for given me the links. I'll inform myself right away.

May I ask, what the biggest fish was, that you have ever caught on the Avon? Are there good places to rent a room, at a decent price?

Thanks again for all the information.

Patty

Edit: I just followed your link to Brown's Ironmongers. That looks like the place, were I could spent hours looking around.

Patrizia,

If you are genuine (not totally convinced yet :) and serious about visiting and fishing in Worcestershire then you could do a lot worse than visit the Vale of Evesham. I would recommend The Chequers Inn in Fladbury which is located between Evesham and Pershore. Lots of good fishing around Cropthorne Mill in Fladbury. 7 and 8 of July would be a good time to visit, all gardens in the village of Fladbury are open to the public then. Also, lots of this kind of thing.

Also, Evesham has an Angling Festival 18 –27 August.

Ian

Hi Chris,

I caught my little pike with a spinner. I have never used dead-baits before, but now I'll try Sardines and Herrings. If it works in britain, why shouldn't it work also in Germany.

Yes I do love nature passionately, in fact I've just got back from a visit to a badger's sett. I've been feeding them peanuts close to the sett and I'm hoping to be lucky enough to photograph them at some point.

I already thought, that you would be a hobby-photographer, when I saw your pictures of nature. You do have talent. After you take the picture of the badger, I'm shure you'll capture it on camera, please let me see it. Do you have many badgers in britain? I have never seen one in nature here in Germany, unfortunately. There are not enough badgers around. :cry:

4ham55k.jpg

Hi Ian, so nice to receive a post from you again. :clap2: Thought, you had forgotten me.

Wow, I'm overwhelmed, you put basically a complete holidayplan together for me. Thanks!!! :hug: And also for the links, very interesting and informative. Worcestershire is a very tempting place, I must admit, and I will visite, that's for shure, just don't know when yet. Like I said, it's hard for me to make concrete plans at the moment, unfortunately, becaus of the novel. But I will show up there, that's for shure. The countryside is so gorgeous there. The Chequers Inn looks very inviting, very british. Reminds me of the Inn in the Miss Marple movie "Murder most foul". :bicycle: And I've never seen anything like Cropthorne Mill. How could the ever build a house so close to the water? I would like to life in it, then I could fish out of the bedroom window - aperfekt combination. :whistling: It's not just stunning house, it's also lovely to look at. Those dancing groups are really cool. I must see that life. Nice costumes.

You' re very lucky, that you live in that area. Did you ever take a trip to scotland, to fish there? Until now I haven't found out, how it is to fish in a loch. And did you ever went fishing in the lake district? I still have so much to find out about britain and about fishing in your country.

Thanks again for finding a great place to visite for me. I appriciate that very much. Your very kind.

Patrizia

Edit: I just read in your profile your post about the "Top 10 Weird Laws". I can't believe it, how strange some cultures are. I think I must start to take a look at the "non fishing chat" too, seems interesting. Do you have pictures of your catches, would interest me.

Ps.: I would still be a virgin today, if my mother had to be present, when I had my first time. :thumbdown:

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Patty, your English is good, so is your American!! You said: ' Peter! You crack me up.' Dear ol' Newt comes up with that one. What you might call a classic Newtism! Real coincidence!!

Edited by Peter Waller

thanks for that compliment, Peter. I'll try my best, and I feel sorry for poor Newt, that I took those words right out of his mouth, and that will probably happen more often. I've lived in the states for a few years and I suppose the american slang is still in the back of my head. Only the good lord knows, what I come up with next. :wallbash:

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!

I hope, you still like me now, me the german with an american slang. ;)

4ham55k.jpg