German Girl Two

Peter Waller

Hi Phil,

I'm a lawyer who deals with land and buildings all day every day, i also own a small shop and manage some properties, in addition I help my wife with her ebay business as she doesn't travel well.

You are very busy, I must say! So many jobs at once, and then you also help your wife with her ebay business! No wonder you need to relax and get your mind of all of that. You must be a thinker like me. My mind is always running. I can not really stop thinking and just do nothing, so I relax myself with plessant thoughts, dealing with the forum and my hobbies, and I suppose you do the same too. What does your wife sell in ebay? That's very interesting, because my husband sells things in ebay too, but he doesn't do it as a business, he just sells things, that we don't need. What do you sell in your shop? Do you have a homepage of your shop? Maybe I could need a few things from your offert items? Unless you sell used soccersocks, you can keep them. :D

I'm on the board for the North East England Junior Chamber of Commerce (though I'm nearly too old for that) and secretary of my local fishing club.

Where in the world do you find the time to do all of that next to your jobs? My god, now I feel lazy. What exactly is the board for the North East England Junior Chamber of Commerce, what do they do and why did you feel to old for that? You are as young as your heart lets you feel! That a german saying, and I believe a true one. :yeah: How many members has your local fishing club and what are your home waters( the lake or river of your fishingsclub)?

At some stage I'm meant to find the chance to go fishing, the photography tends to happen whilst I'm doing one of the others.

I started photography on my olidaytrip. I love to take pictures of nature. Got some good ones, but I must scan them in, before I can put them in the photography forum. Thanks for the tip. :thumbs:

I do enjoy some aspects of my work, but sitting at a keyboard isn't one of them.

I can understand very well, why that makes you tiered. I feel like that too some times, that's why I've started fishing, it gets me out doors.

The guys (and gals) on here have been great friends to me even though I've only met a handful, and have been very helpful with information and the like.

As to fishing, they tend to respond well to specific questions, eg, what price should I pay for a bait boat, most lose interest in a thread once it gets too long unless they've been involved from the start.

I guess your right, This thread is very long, it takes forever to read, if someone isn't involved from the beginning. Maybe I should post a new topic: what price should I pay for a bait boat. Good idea :idea:

I have a boxer dog called Chloe who demands 2 long walks a day and I try to swim 1600m three times a week.

So you like sports. I unfortunately don't. I'm slim and I look sporty, but I don't really do sports. But I should, Maybe I'll try next week. Don't pay any attention to that, I always say that. :wallbash: I love cats very much I have a 16 year old cat called, Teddy. I would do everything for that little fella. Had to bring him today to the doctor, he's going to be operated. Hope everything will be well. I feel so sad about that and worried! :cry: How old is your dog?

I was quite impressed that you ignored some of the more viscious comments early on. You need a thick skin (english term for being prepared to ignore insults/critisms) if you're going to stay on here for long, but I do enjoy it as the rewards easily outweigh the occasional annoyances.

Actually I have a very thin skin(we have the same saying in germany), but I new, that it was not easy to be exepted by as woman in a "mensclub". I just was determine to sit it out! And it was half as bad as I thought it would be. I even had the plan to log in as a man, playing a man, I ment, but I was shure, that after a few posts, you all would have thought, that I was the gayest fisherman there ever was, so I forgot that plan. What a ironie, that some people thought I was Ferries playing a prank. Besides that, I wanted to be honest. I'm not a person who likes to lie :nono: , I'm an honest soul.

I hope you stay on here a long time. We have some accomplished writers amongst our ranks and creative essays on peoples fishing expeditions are always appreciated.

If you take photos, please post some on the photography forum, the guys on there are as helpful on photography as the naglers on here.

Thanks, it's good to hear that, and I hope, no I'm shure, we'll be good friends. I've already met some of the writers, very good writers. I was surprised to meet some of my kind - literary kind - in this forum. I've wrote a few stories about my fishing expeditions, but there are unfortunately in german. I suppose my english skills are not good enough for writing stories in your language. But who knows, maybe in a few month time the maybe improved enough to try.

Take care,

Patty :victory:

4ham55k.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She posts from a tiscali.de server and registered with a tiscali.de email address so very unlikely to be a UK member prankster.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Ferret1959
She posts from a tiscali.de server and registered with a tiscali.de email address so very unlikely to be a UK member prankster.

Who's "she", the cats Mother??? :rolleyes:

You mean Patty. :lol:

Morning, everybody.

Right on, Newt. :thumbs: My husband and I are using the server of tiscali, which is a german internetservice. I can't believe, that there are still some people who speculate, that I'm not a real person, or a male prankster from the forum. Sorry, to disillusion you fellas, but you can't bust me. :busted_cop: That would be a expensive and a time taking prank, putting up a homepage, writing a novel and making up a husband, who's is chating in a bus-forum. And not to mention my bad mixed up american-british english. :roll1: But it's fun to read, and if you like to keep on speculating, you disbelievers, then I love to play Ferret, playing me, just for you. :crazy: By the way, Ferret, it looks very suspicious, that we posted after each other.

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Hi Patty, thanks for starting a good read for us all. I hope you can set yourself up a memorable fishing trip over here, if and when it happens.

Sorry to change tack a little but Peter wrote:

Patty, yes, I have been back to Germany, just once. We were in Berlin to hear my daughters playing in an orchestra, it was the night the Wall came down. That was a memorable night.

We very nearly bumped into in each other then Peter (give or take a few of tens of thousands of people :rolleyes: ) for I, too, was there on that night. Man, what a night that was too wasn't it? My mum actually lived just a mile or so up the Ku-Damm at that time, so we often strolled down there. It was quite moving watching families from the East toasting their new freedom.

Paul

Paul, agreed, what a night. My daughters were playing in a schools orchestra and were all invited to go and stay with East German families. One ended up staying at a Brewery near Dresden, she had a wonderful time!

Hi Paul,

nice to meet a member, that I didn't know yet. I'm really shure my trip, that is still in planing, will be memorable, if I'm having the same fun in britain as I have here in the forum - it's just as much fun to write in this topic as it seems for you, until now, to read it. :thumbs: I'm glad you've enjoyed it and I hope, that you'll join in from now on. Where do you go fishing? What was you most memorable catch? Did you travel for thatperpuse to Berlin, to see the wall come down, or was it a happy coincidence?

Dear Peter,

how are you doing? So glad to hear from you again. Thought you've forgotten me. :cry: I enjoy always to chat with you so much. :thumbs:

I'm glad you both and your folks had a good time back in 1989 in Germany. It was an important event in the history of europe and the world. Thank god the cold war is over and that eastern europe is free now!!! :clap2:

To the future and a free europe, for east and west, :kissing:

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

Hi Patty,

To answer briefly, I fish mainly around the West Yorkshire area, both Coarse and Fly Fishing. I'm lucky enough to fish in some very beautiful scenery. I have many memorable fishy memories, my most recent I suppose would be breaking my personal best grayling.

I used to visit Berlin very regularly as my mother lived there. She's now moved to a lovely house on the coast in Ost-Friesland (yes I know all about the jokes.... :lol: ), we're going over to visit this summer. I have to say that Berlin went very quickly downhill once the wall came down and wasn't the fantastic city I knew. That said, my wife and I had a 'nostalgia visit' over a long weekend just last summer and the authorities seemed to have clamped down hard on much of the 'unsavoury' goings on of the folk from Eastern Europe.

Paul

I too have a cat, who is 17 and very thin at the moment, she stops eating for days, the vet (animal doctor) tells me that it's just old age.............she tends to sleep all day, hope your cat is ok.

my wife sells wedding invitations and general wedding items, she doesn't have a shop but is kept quite busy. I organise most of the posting out of items.

The Haltwhistle club has about 130 members, about half of whom travel more than 40km distance to fish our waters, we have members from Lincolnshire, about 200km from our water.

We have the fishing on two rivers, the river south tyne, which I described in the old thread, and 8 km of bank on the river irthing where it pokes its noes out of keilder forrest where only a few sheep see it on a regular basis. The fish are all wild stock and though you can take fish for the table, it is discouraged as the genetic strain of the fish is unique. At this point the irthing is only 2 or 3 metres wide at places and only a few centimetres deep except in the pools, so you can wander a long way without having to go on any roads or footpaths. It is one of the few places where red squirrels are still common in the UK and I tend to see them regularly on my visits.

we don't have any still waters and I always feel like I am cheeting when i fish for trout in a stocked lake.

The Junior Chamber of Commerce is the worlds largest international leadership development group. We have members throughout the world, i'm just incvolved ina very small part of it, the North East of England. We organise personal training in presentation skills, negotiation techniques, marketing strategies and many other areas essential for young people interested in developing their own careers. It is funded by members own contributions together with whatever we can manage to persuade local government organisations to sponsor us.

I am currently organising a trip to Europe, sponsored by Newcastle Airport and Brussels Airline (shameless plug) to visit Brussels in October to coincide with the Government in the Regions week, to have a chance to Network with other business people and public sector leaders from around Europe.

There will be a junior chamber of commerce near you (and this goes to everyone) open to anyone between the ages of 20 and 40. It's enabled me to do things, such as arranging sponsorships, arranging events etc, which I would never have had the opportunity to do otherwise, without worrying that it could put my job at risk.

I'm currently involved in a massive deal at work, but all the papers are with the other side, hence I've had a chance to post long emails.

cheers

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY