Pike - Hecht

Perch - Barsch

Roach - rotauge

rudd - rotfeder

chub - Döbel

barbel - barben

gudgeon - grundling

Orfe - Aland

Forelle - trout......regenbogen/rainbow,bach/brook, und und und Bachsaibling,lachsforelle,meer forelle

Sturgeon - Stör

ah yes, and the bream has 3 german names (not including nicknames) brasse, brachse or blei

any more for any more?

ah yes and "Puff" was my 2nd german word, Brothel came a close to Beer!

Edited by jayson69

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Phil,

How beautyful britain is. :thumbs: That is very impressive to look at all the pictures. Did you take them yourself? If you did, then you've got a lot of talent.

The picture of the river makes me want to be there right now. Imagine fishing there on a nice summer evening and beeing in nature, as a vital part of it - wonderful!!! :clap2:

I've looked the castle and the cathedral of Durham up in google images. How lovely. What a gorgeous castle. You british shure now how to build houses, castles and cathedrals, and you now how to keep a pretty garden. It seems like the building and nature combine to a perfect match. Everything is so stylish. Oh, I forgot, that you are also the kings of comedy - Kenneth Williams - Mr. Bean - all the Monty Python stars - all the carry on stars and so many more. I've got to stop, before I embarras myself - more, then I already have! But I have to mention the dark breathtaking movies of the hammer studios - Dracula himself - Christopher Lee, and my favorite, the gentleman, Peter Cushing. I would have married him, even though he could be my greatgrandfather - shut up Patrizia! By the way, this is not me writing, it's Ferret acting me. :spiteful:

So you work in Newcastle upon tyne. That shure is a beautyful view up the river, makes me sick of living in germany. It's much bigger, then I thought. Looks nearly as big as the Rhein.

I've heared of bath, but I didn't know, it was of the prettiest cities in britain. Unfortunatly I've never seen any pictures of it, until now. Isn't that where the royals always spend there holidays?

Thanks for posting those pictures, Phil, that was great to watch them!!! :hug: You have more? If you do, please post them!!!

Dear Peter,

Yes, trout fishing reservoirs are bad for nature, but here in germany people don't need a fishing-licence to fish there, and it's not nice, what some people do to the fish - especially the russions! That's why I don't go there and don't approve of them - but it doesn't make any diffrence if I do or not, they'll keep on existing! :nonono:

Hi Jayson,

cool of you to post the translation of the english fishnames. I'm shure will find a few more when the time comes, and you can translate them for me, if you please. That's would be very nice of you. Oh, by the way, there are so many nice words in our language and "Puff" was your second german word, how unfortunate. I'm emberessed to write about it, not to mention talking about it. :shutup:

Thanks again, now I can understand much better when you fellas talk about your catches!

Thank you all, glad to have found so many nice fisherman!!! :notworthy:

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

Evening All Firstly Leon I'm sorry to hear about your cat I lost my old girl Rosie at the end of January and being the big butch angler that I am I cried for a week...I still miss her though I have since aquired two little lads Timtom and Patch so now I have two sets of paws and tails to greet me and the house feels whole again.

Phil I will catch up with you about those guest days this year all being well and we will sort out some salmon! Lets just hope we keep some water in the rivers this year!.

Patrizia I could bang on for hours about the fishing opportunities in the rivers and stillwaters in Lancashire and North Yorkshire as it takes a good Lancastrian to go over there and sort out their fish!!

However it would be simply easier to say that should you decide to come over with your husband let me know in advance and I will sort you out a decent days fishing of whatever variety you desire.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Soory to hear, that you've suffered a great lose. What kind of dogs are Timtom and Patch? Thank you very much for your kind offer. I appriciate that very much and I'll get back to you, as soon we can deside on our holiday plan of this year. Only the good knows, when that will happen, since my publisher just send me the list of all the book messes, that I have to show up on, and after I'm still planing on my book readings.

Hi Clifftop,

I'm shure you would like to know that, but my lips are sealed. :spiteful::shutup:

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

Patty, so what is wrong with trout reservoirs? Apart from lost land underneath the water surely they do have many good points.

My memory of the Russians was that they have a remarkable ability to drink caustic soda, and smoke cigarettes that have the carbon emissions of an oil fired power station. Oh, and never sit just behind the right shoulder of a Russian when they are eating and drinking. It is, I think, a national trait to eat until sick, turn their head to the right, puke up over who is unfortunate to be sat there, no apologies, and then carry on eating! By and large I got well with them as a people. But then I never went trout fishing with any of them, nor had they invaded my home.

Curiosity got the better of me!

Search results for -- Suchergebnisse für 'Puff':

box -- der Puff (Stoß)

buffet -- der Puff

bump -- der Puff (Stoß)

dig -- der Puff

jostle -- der Puff

poke -- der Puff

No, can't see anything unsavoury there!

Puffs, in the UK do not make good fly fishermen, their wrists tend to be too limp!

Edited by Peter Waller

Hi Peter,

Well, I don't have personal nothing about russians, I'm shure they also have many good and honest people among them. But we here in southwest Germany, and especially the area where I live, made very bad experiences with people that came from Russia. After the wall came down, they just took 2 million "Russland-Deutsche", which are russians, that had many generations back a german as a ancester, which makes our goverment believe, that there are still germans. Just because I had a british greatgrandmother 150 years ago, doesn't mean, that I'm a brit, regardless how much I would like to be one. So they let them imigrate to germany, mostly in my area, build them houses, that no german, who worked all of his life, could ever afford and gave the old people among them higher pensions, then us germans, gave them more financial help in every way. That would be alright, we would exept that, if they would live by the law, but many of them are very much criminal, even though they get so much money and help. They don't want to mix up with us germans, just get married with there kind, never the less still saying, that they are germans, and they are refusing to learn and speak our language. Besides all of that, it's, in many areas, dangerous to go fishing over night, because they don't mind stealing your fishing-equipment and do worse to you. The police told us, that we should be careful beeing on the water over night, because they steal at night the boat-motors from the yachts on the Rhein and ship them to Russia. They do have good people too, but the majority is hard to live with. It just was much nicer, safer and easier, before they came around. They are one of the reasons, why I want to leave my home. It's no more fun living here.

About the "Forellenpuff". Many fishes in those trout reservoirs, here in germany, are sick and, like I've said, it is the russions, that fish without a licence, don't know what they're doing, because here in germany, that is allowed in those places, drinking to much and becoming agressive. That makes spending time there no fun, at least not for me. But everybody must know that for themselfs, if they can live with that or not.

You've found some nice translation for the word "Puff". :thumbs: But the true meaning of the word "Forellenpuff" is, that's how I understand it, about the bad way, that there is fishing done in those places.

I always enjoy these deep, serious chats with you. :)

Yours,

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Puff = Brothel

Paul

To Leon,

I followed the link, and I must say, that it broke my heart to read that page. You've wirten beautyfully again, with so much feeling for the senseless slaughtered dolphins, porpoises and seals, which are slowly drowned. My heart is bleeding. How can people, human beings, be so cruel and what ever for? I'll never understand that!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Your poem, A Candle for a Little One, was lovely, so inspired. You really have a big heart! :clap: Keep it up, show other people your love for nature and the beings in it through your literary work, and I'm shure, you'll reach many of them within time. :thumbs: And hopefully the beautyful marine mammals will be saved.

Thanks very much for sharing your literary work!!! :hug:

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg