German Girl Two

Peter Waller

Hi Phil,

nice to receive a post from you. :thumbs:

Sorry, that you didn't catch anything on your fishing-trip, but you were rewarded by nature.

So your a spring person. You seem to love it, when everything starts to blossom, when the sun melts the Winter away. That is a lovely time of the year. Everything just comes together and life awakens everywhere. I personally love the autum very much. It's the warm colours of the leafes and the last warm days , before the winter comes, that faszinates me. I even like the storms and when the days become shorter, as it's getting earlier dark - that's the vampire in me speaking. B)

I'll check out the images in the photography forum soon. Thanks for the tip. I wish you, that time will fly throug a pleasant working day. :)

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me the best times are on summer days, when dusk is a warm memory of a hot day, sitting in the garden drinking pimms or G&Ts with friends, watching the bats tucking into their evening meal. Walking my dog by the river and hearing th splash and crash of salmon and sea trout. Catching a glimpse of an otter fishing for his breakfast. Summer is feeling the heat on my back as I work in the garden, or wandering on the limestone bones of hadrians wall as it snakes across the tops of the hills, alone save for the cry of a curlew and the ancient thoughts of weary soldiers long dead, relieved that the winter is long behind them, but dreading its all too iminent arrival. Spring is the timely fanfare for something better and a wave goodbye to the harshness we've endured. Autumn is a signal to build up the wood store batten down the hatches and pray that spring will not be too long in arriving.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi guys and girls,

I agree with Janet, Phil, that was lovely. Do you write as a hobby? You should, you nearly turned me from a autum to a summer person! :thumbs: That describes fishing as, I suppose, every fisherman and every fisherwoman loves it. So you do gardening? My grandmothe is making me and my mother work in the garden, neather of us really want to. It's not the work, that we mind, it's just the time, we would rather do something more important, then planting vegetable, that are cheap to buy in the supermarket. Here in Germany only very few people still have gardens, but my grandmother, I love her dearly, is 79 years old, rules my mother and me and we are glad, that she is atill able to do that in her high age - she's got a very good and true heart so. :D What kind of vegetables are you planting? You've described the england, that I want to see! Keep on writing me nice things like that. :clap:

Can anybody tell me something about fishing in cornwall, and the countryside there? And I'm still interested in feeding-boats and fishfinders? Come on give me some tips, fellas. :clap2:

Chat with you later

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

Janet, this is my house:

DSCF0871.jpg

just to freak out the germans (as I know this often does) I live in an old church, the "Old Church" to be precise, in a little village called Melkridge, a regular finalist in the Northumberlandin bloom competition, opposite the village green (which is true picture postcard stuff).

No I don't write, unless you count writing long opinions for clients and the odd legal article for the press.

But the G&Ts in the garden, and the bats etc, even the hadrians wall point, are all true.

I don't grow vegetables however, though I do pick wild fruit when in season from the hedgerows around, and mushrooms in the fields.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi Phil, how was your day?

Beautyful picture of your house. You live gorgeously and it doesn't freak me out at all. That is more than cool, it's fantastic. :thumbs: I would like to live in an old church like that. See a vampire isn't always scared of christian things. How ever did you manage to buy it? How ols is that building and do you have a crypta in your home? I would have made the bedroom out of the crypta. What did you do with the altar? I would use that as a kitchentable. :clap2: But I'm shure I would find better ideas, if I would think a bit longer about it. You have more pictures? I would love to see, what you've made out the church. Was there a graveyard around it? Does that happen more often, that british paeople live in old churches. I think, now I've lost my heart completely to your country. :wub:

Yours

Patty

Edit: Beautyful picture of that mushroom. Like I've said before, you've got a lot of talent. I'm shure you have a lovely british garden.

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

No churchyard or crypt, we do have a celler in which I now keep wine. The church was only built in 1904. It's a work in progress (ie I keep running out of money).

here's the upstairs window

DSCF0863.jpg

this is probably more your type of spooky thing. This is at a place called Ripley, a 16th/17th century castle, an ancient roman road passess by the front, there's an old church and graveyard and a pond in the grounds of the castle.

Oh and some misty murky woods to walk around in winter:

endofdays.jpg

42790023.jpg

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Ripley?? Sorry Phil but I don't believe you!!!!! ;)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Patrizia,

A lot of people in the UK live in converted churches. They are not cheap though.

Strictly speaking these churches are really chapels.

Every village and town has a main Church of England church and often a Catholic church too, often they are very old. These are never sold and converted into dwellings (I think).

Each village and town also has several chapels built about 100 - 200 years ago by Baptists, Quakers, Methodists etc. A lot of these have suffered dwindling congregations and have closed and been converted into private residences, and very nice they are too. Some of the bigger ones have been converted into several stylish apartments.

I hope I have explained this correctly for you.

I hope someone replies to your request for information about Cornwall. Cornwall is a beautiful place, the best county in England (in my humble opinion). A lot of history (they even have their own language), but the best thing is the beautiful coastline and temperate weather. I spent many very, very enjoyable vacations there as a kid.

Ian

Edited by Ian FG