German Girl Two

Peter Waller

Then you'll be pleased to hear that the environment agency are stocking more grayling into the Aire at Silsden and Bingley. I just read it on the front page of this site.

Yeah, spotted that too Phil. The EA have been restocking smaller fish for the last few years. They put a load of dace recently never to be seen again.

P.S. Thanks for the umlaut heads up mods.

Paul

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About witch-burning. It seems to be more mercyful to be hanged then to be burned, even though the endresult ist the same. Why was there a diffrence between scotland and england? I've heared, that the scotish have there own pound and there own parlament. Is there still a conflict between england and scotland today?

A lot more about burning at the stake here: http://www.richard.clark32.btinternet.co.uk/burning.html

Scotland and England did and still do have very different legal systems, despite the 1707 Act of Union that supposedly made the two countries one. The Scottish National Party campaigns for an independent Scotland, but I don't know how many Scots are bothered about it, really. The only conflict today is about football or rugby. :rolleyes:

I wonder how I get the EA to re stock the upper reaches of the south tyne. From the old logs of the club, it seems that it was quite normal to catch 20/30 dace on a trip and many brown trout.

though there are still brown trout, the numbers seem to have declined with the increase of the number of salmon and sea trout. The dace have dissappeared completely showing about 10 miles downstream.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi fellas,

sorry - sorry - sorry for the late reply, but I'm just to busy at the moment. I even wanted to post a new topic a few days ago, again about fishing, of course :D - and couldn't make it. :wallbash: You're not getting rid of "lovely" me. :crazy:

My cat was getting better, after the difficult operation, when the doctor had to take out his eye, and we were so happy about his recovery. But now he got the flue so bad, that he couldn't and I didn't sleep all night. I was so worried. He's had so much trouble breathing. The doctor said, that his body has to fight the flu on his own, there's no medication for it, just antibiotics, and the don't help enough. I hope, that everything will be alright. :(

Tomorrow I've got my first interview with a newspaper - interview with a vampire :whistling: . They'll write about me and the release of my book. I'm a bit nervous, but it's also interesting. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow evening, if it interests you. ;)

Now to your posts. :clap2:

Hi Phil,

dfishing for Greyling in the river aire sounds great. Wish I could travel there right now and relax during fishing. I think it's great, that the environment agency is stocking more grayling in the river. We would need that here to. It's such a beautyful fish. Is greyling a very common fish in the UK, or is he only found in some rivers? Where is he most common?

Hi Paul,

so the EA have been restocking more fish in the rivers. What kind of fish and in what rivers and why was that necessary?

Hi Davy,

it's very nice, that you didn't forget my question about the witches-burning. Thanks for the Link. It is very informative and also a bit depressing, to read about all those women who were murdered. I'll just took a quick look, but I'll take more time for it as soon as I can, and I'm shure coming up with more questions - nowing me. :rolleyes:

About scotland and england. Thanks for explaining that to me. I've just heared, that the scotish were not so keen about beeing part of the UK, but it's good to hear, that it isn't like that. I just love their kilts!!! :thumbs: But is it true, that he have there own currency? And if it is, why is that?

It was nice to hear from you guys again!!! :thumbs: and to chat with you.

Patty

4ham55k.jpg

Yeah, spotted that too Phil. The EA have been restocking smaller fish for the last few years. They put a load of dace recently never to be seen again.

P.S. Thanks for the umlaut heads up mods.

The EA will have aright job getting near the river at silsden bridge,at the rate they're going repairing it.

The EA will have aright job getting near the river at silsden bridge,at the rate they're going repairing it.

Haha....You are so right! I cannot believe how much grief this is causing locally though, absolutely pathetic. It's only affecting me personally because I travel, by and large, across the 'tops' generally anyhow - the traffic is much busier right now and I tend to meet it on my side of the road mid corner.............

Paul

But is it true, that he have there own currency? And if it is, why is that?

All you ever wanted to know about Scottish banknotes: http://www.rampantscotland.com/SCM/banknotes.htm

At one time, the Scottish notes weren't generally accepted as payment in England, but these days most places will take them.

grayling I believe are just native to the rivers on the eastern coast of England, the tyne doesn't have any though they were stocked into one of its tributories, the derwent, and do very well there. They are common in the river wear and I believe in all the rivers south of sunderland, at least as far down as those which join the sea at the humber estuary near hull. I assume that they are also native in the rivers south of there, but that is mere speculation.

They do exist in rivers north of the tyne, the river at blyth certainly had them though they have unfortunatly been culled by trout clubs on that river, i'm not sure, however, whether they were native or were introduced.

I don't know if they occur north of blyth, though others on here will know.

Edited by phil dean

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi you british fishermen, :D

I've just got back from my interiew with the newspapers, actually with two newspapers. It was very nice and a new experience. They've asked me everything, from childhoodexperiences to my plans for the future. I can hardly wait, what they'll wirte about me, but I already have seen the pictures the took from me, they're nice.

My husband went fiching yesterday evening. He caught a 80 zentimeter pike in our little lake. :thumbs: I wish I could have gone with him, but I had to publish my book in the internet and get everything ready for the interview. :angry:

Here is a picture of the lake, unfortunately, he didn't take a picture of the fish.

2hf8ga9.jpg

How do you fellas like our lake?

Hi Davy,

thanks for posting the Link, it was very interesting. This was the first time, that I've seen a scotish pound, very colourful with nice pictures. And that to banks started this two currency-system.

Hi Phil,

thanks for telling me, where the greyling is a common fish. So many rivers, where the greyling exists. ´We only have him in the south of Germany in little rivers of the alps. <_<

Here is a question to all fishermen. Where is the wels common in britain? I've heared, that fish would only be allowed in lakes, not in rivers, is that true?

Yours

Patty

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

Guest Rabbit

Hi Patty

The Wells catfish was first introduced into estate lakes as a novelty some years back. If my memory is correct I think Woburn Abbey was the first or one of the first to stock them.

I fish a lake that is very near to the River Severn (about 20 metres) and there is at least one large catfish in the lake.

It was not stocked by the angling club,and may have found its way into the lake from the river. The Wells are rare in our rivers, and I dont know of any river captures, but would be interested to know of any such fish that have been caught.