Float Rod Buying Advice please

Woz

Guest tigger
There are a few cosmetic seconds 13-15' Normark Avengers on sale at Tackle Bargains fo £180, well worth breaking the budget for; there is a link on the AN main page.

Tony

Why bother with seconds when there's a person selling them brand new in perfect condition for £185 on ebay with free post ?

That's the Microlite, Titan and Avenger 13 to 14 ft. If I hadn't already got mine I would be getting one of those.

I sometimes wonder if float rods are not getting to good. Do we really need all this ability? A good ABU All England Mk 5, on E-Bay for less than a tenner, for example, will catch fish. Just a thought.

Edited by Peter Waller

I bought a Normark Crusader 13ft float rod last year (finally retiring my faithful old Daiwa Tornado) and it's superb. Very light and crisp with a lovely action. I don't know if it'll catch me more fish than the old rod but it's much, much nicer to use. I think it was about £100 from tacklebargains. Highly recommended!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Tigger

PM me the Ebay address I couldnt find it when I did a search yesterday I fancy the Avenger to go with the Titan.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Guest tigger
Does anyone know fo any good 14 - 17ft rods which are able to handle lines of upto 8lbs ?

Joel

A m8 of mine has the new Preston, brand new and unused. I think he will sell that if your interested.

I know that you stated you wanted to 'upgrade' your float rod, but last year i bought myself an alivio match rod for £29.99 and have never felt so much value for money on the bank... Also is ideal for stalking with the centrepin because of how amazingly light it is! - Its well worth considering mate!

The Clax Will Always Crack

• 5 weeks later...

Ok I did it.

As I fish coarse aprox. once a month and I don't expect to give up in the next 30 years I bought the preston carbonite sentinent.

I looked at all the others (Alivio and Normark excepted) in the shop and it just felt light and responsive.

My pin and fixed spool fit fine.