Tackle Box Trolleys

John E Ashford

Humping, lumping, over the shoulder, huffing and puffin all the way to our fishing spot. Bags n Boxes, Rods and Tripods, yes we need a convoy of Sherpas to carry our kit. :oops: Mind some, clever farts get by with taking the minimum.

If you’re like me, Dib Dib Dob Dob, I like to be prepared, or I think I do. So the kitchen sink has to come along also.

I was wondering a lot of coarse anglers have Box/Trolley combinations to get their kit to the venues. What do we Sea anglers do, strap over shoulder, or like me have one of those box conversion kits to place the box on my back with straps over my shoulders.

Who buys those custom made fishing tackle trolleys or have home made set ups.

Posted Image

What have you done to make it easier to get your fishing tackle to those, only reachable by footpath, Venues.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

John E Ashford:

Who buys those custom made fishing tackle trolleys or have home made set ups.

Posted Image

What have you done to make it easier to get your fishing tackle to those, only reachable by footpath, Venues.

I have a trolly very much like the one on the left .. had it for 10 years or more, picked up at a fishing fair ... not had a problem with rust, but keep loosing the clip pins to hold the wheels on (all comes apart and is packed in the fish mobile (car) ..... The frame sits in the foot wells of the back seats in the car, and helps to support the rods when travelling, and stops them getting in the way of the handbrake!!!

Jolly useful for long walks when used on piers and sandyshores, but not really any good on shingle, even with the over sized wheels .... quadbike would be better :D

Phil

The little luggage trollies are quite good.

They can be used to carry your rucksack along paths or causeways, when you get to the rough stuff they can be folded up and strapped to the back of your rucksack.

They rust even if washed with fresh water and sprayed with WD40 after each trip but they are good for a few years and at around £10 each cheap to replace.

Posted Image

Been using this setup for a couple of years, seen here on the surf beach where you have to move back every ten minutes or so. This was the main reason for buying it, but it comes in handy for night fishing when I carry two lamps, flask and a ton of other kit.

Have not had a problem with rust and I have fixed a rod rest to the handle.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I've actually used my old golf trolley before - works quite well even on Chesil especially with the wide wheels!

Only really useful though to strap my bag & shelter to though - still have to carry my rucksack on my back ...

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

I have one like the one on the left , great for carrying your box/seat/bait etc. However if it was designed to also take the rod holdall this would be really handy. Havent seen anything suitable and dont fancy some of the wheelbarrow type ones the carp boys use.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

I get the servants to carry the stuff, doesn't everyone? :D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.