EXIF problems

Westie

I took my first picture for the comp this morning in RAW (NEF) format - resized in Photoshop E3 (oh how I hanker for CS2 :rolleyes: ) and saved as JPEG - none of the EXIF info survived. I can't seem to find a way to cut and paste the information that I see in Photoshop - I want to put the info up... Am I missing something really obvious.

And another real dumb-ass question - when it comes to the comp, is it ok to crop photos - I have been taking resize literally to scaling down to 800 pixels but my guess that cropping your pictures is ok too?

Westie.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

from what i belive of rules cropping is fine westie

similar prob with exif data but i use opanda IExif 2.25

link here .......http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html :thumbs:

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

If anyone else is interested, i just posted the photoshop script that i use onto my site for a mate to use - it watermarks (of sorts) and automatically inserts the EXIF info for you.

Here's the post from the other site with the details:-

"Here's a link to the script:-

http://www.digitaljersey.co.uk/Canon.jsx

You need to pop it in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Scripts

When you run it, you just go files/scripts and select it. You do need to run it on the resized pic though - about 800pix

You might also just need to edit the lenses in it as well to whatever you use."

Cheers for that Chippy ... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

How do we get it into PS Scripts ?? Normal copy/paste don't seem to work !!

Wiggly.

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I couldnt get your version to work with my camera Chippy, but i found this one and edited out the border/frame section, (can be used in the challenges then) Exif script and more!

cant seem to edit out all the camera info though, it gets mine but also others that are the same, mmmm, frustrating that is lolol, works well though, saves alot of time.

exiftest.jpg

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

In elements 3 EXIF data should automatically save with the jpeg if you use the "save as" command, if it is not doing that then go to Edit > Preferences > Saving Files and you may need to change an option or two there. I've always used Opandas Iexif for EXIF checking, but you can also check on your local machine by right clicking the saved file, clicking properties then the summary tab...your EXIF should be there, if it is not then look into your preferences in Elements 3, in particular the saving options.

I've not looked at Chippy's script as its similar to a few I already have but if it does not work with your version of photoshop, try saving with a "js" extension as opposed to a "jsx", jsx extensions only work with Photoshop CS2, all previous versions used "js". This way all new or old photoshop scripts are backward or forward compatible.

Also anyone with any basic scripting expierience (even just html expierience) can edit these scripts to change how the output looks, ie size of font, colour, position etc.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet