The 2015 fish-in topic

Anderoo

Manor Farms got nice easy acsess as well as you can drive to swims (well could last time I was there) but some are quite steep for anyone not to secure on their feet. But that said plenty of others that are fine. anchor Meadow (next to it is also very good and on day ticket with a camping field next to it. I cant commit at moment due to the move etc but wouldn't need to book as such at either of these two so if I can (and bruvs out of hospital) will be there! Andrew knows this area (in fact the whole Harvington area) very well. Put some guys on some big barbell there over the years.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 2 weeks later...

Manor Farms is just up the road from me, not really my scene, but does offer easier access and facilities, as well as the chance to land a big lump. But bear in mind there will be lot of others with the same thoughts. If some wish to pitch up riverside then this would be ideal, for those that might prefer to sample the nearby Wye, (and what angler wouldn't?) then there are still opportunities to be had at just £7 per day ticket. Good secure parking and a cafe virtually on site. Of course Barbel will be the main focus, but there are all species to be had.

The car park is in a field that is a short walk from the river, the stretch is a long one, there are a couple of pegs that would favour trotting for barbel and chub, in the summer Kyaks are plentiful, but don't really upset the fish, just the occasional angler, but they are all gone by 4pm, leaving you just the river and fish.

Sounds ideal?

It really is a beautiful stretch.

LRF fish in

OK I propose to hold an AN LRF fish in at Samphire Hoe on Sunday 13th September;

Samphire Hoe is off the Dover to Folkestone carriageway of the A20. You access Samphire Hoe through a traffic light controlled tunnel in the cliff. Samphire Hoe postcode: CT17 9FL and Samphire Hoe is signposted.

There is ample parking available at a reasonable £2.00 per day and an angling day ticket is £6.00 for the day

High tide is at 12:10 so meeting around 8:00 The park opens at 07:00, but you need to get there.

Expected species will be Wrasse (Ballans, Goldsinny and Corkwing), Pollack< Pouting, Blennies and Mackerel. If you have drop-shot gear it will be ideal I will have a couple of rods spare. The best lure to use is the Isome or Power Bait worms also ragworm works if you are desperate for a bite.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

LRF fish in

OK I propose to hold an AN LRF fish in at Samphire Hoe on Sunday 13th September;

Samphire Hoe is off the Dover to Folkestone carriageway of the A20. You access Samphire Hoe through a traffic light controlled tunnel in the cliff. Samphire Hoe postcode: CT17 9FL and Samphire Hoe is signposted.

There is ample parking available at a reasonable £2.00 per day and an angling day ticket is £6.00 for the day

High tide is at 12:10 so meeting around 8:00 The park opens at 07:00, but you need to get there.

Expected species will be Wrasse (Ballans, Goldsinny and Corkwing), Pollack< Pouting, Blennies and Mackerel. If you have drop-shot gear it will be ideal I will have a couple of rods spare. The best lure to use id the Isome or Power Bait worms also ragworm works if you are desperate for a bite.

Tony

Sold! Nice one Tony :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

ragworm works if you are desperate for a bite.

...and if you are desperate enough for bites so as to fish those ragworms on the bottom be aware it is very snaggy.

We were warned beforehand and used sacrificial weights - old nuts and bolts, scrap iron, lead strip wrapped around rig tube, anything !

Others were not prepared - three stages followed

1, Run out of weights

2. "Borrow" and run out of mates

3. Use whatever could be found lying around. A discarded coke can with pebbles in, or whatever - I can't quite remember what this character was using, but I think it was one of his socks filled with whatever he could find.

Preparing to cast

post-812-0-63457800-1434645895_thumb.jpg

Oops ! I think his bale arm is still closed...

post-812-0-03007100-1434645945_thumb.jpg

...but the fishing is extremely interesting - plenty of species. Norma and I intend to be there.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Plenty of light weights free at most garages ,spark plugs ,put swivel in spark gap tap it closed if it snags it reopens and you get your stuff back ,not suitable for horizon casting but ok for a gentle lob i used them all the time at the warren

You can also use them with the swivel in the threaded end with the screw bit trapping the swivel but you may need a couple of small washers either side

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

...and if you are desperate enough for bites so as to fish those ragworms on the bottom be aware it is very snaggy.

We were warned beforehand and used sacrificial weights - old nuts and bolts, scrap iron, lead strip wrapped around rig tube, anything !

Others were not prepared - three stages followed

1, Run out of weights

2. "Borrow" and run out of mates

3. Use whatever could be found lying around. A discarded coke can with pebbles in, or whatever - I can't quite remember what this character was using, but I think it was one of his socks filled with whatever he could find.

Preparing to cast

attachicon.gifDover 002.jpg

Oops ! I think his bale arm is still closed...

attachicon.gifDover 003.jpg

...but the fishing is extremely interesting - plenty of species. Norma and I intend to be there.

Dave

Surprisingly when I am LRFing there using very light leads (5-20g), I lose very few leads. I normally set up drop shot fashion with a US grip type swivel holding a short length of line to the lead and as I am using braid i just feel the line down to the bottom and bounce the lead off the snags. I rarely cast out just a straight drop down will put you on the fish up against the structure around the sea wall.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Well, exactly, which is why it is a good place for LRF. I was merely warning people not to rely on conventional bottom fishing. Another feature there seems to be the further you cast out, the snaggier it is, although there must be some marks not as bad as the rest. Unless you can fish it often, it is a long wall to "learn"

If anyone does want to bottom fish, a read-up about using "rotten bottoms" would be useful if they are not already familiar with the technique.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...