Sugar Puff fly?

Moggy

I posted a question regarding the suitability of sugar puffs as floating bait for coarse fish yesterday. It seems to be worth a try. I more or less gave up coarse fishing for the fly many years ago, but since I have access to such good coarse fishing, I thought I would take it up again...then it occurred to me that there's the option of presenting sugar puffs as a dry fly! Anyone tried this?

Moggy

Havnt tried that but a while ago i had some fun taking Rudd and Roach from my local canal. I was chucking out bits of granary bread on the surface and the smaller fish would attack the floating bread. I would take one of the grains out of the bread and fish this on the drop by the floating bread and get the bigger fish lurking a bit deeper down scoffing the fallout.

I posted a question regarding the suitability of sugar puffs as floating bait for coarse fish yesterday. It seems to be worth a try. I more or less gave up coarse fishing for the fly many years ago, but since I have access to such good coarse fishing, I thought I would take it up again...then it occurred to me that there's the option of presenting sugar puffs as a dry fly! Anyone tried this?

Moggy

never tried it but can see no reason why it wouldn't work very well. I know many carp have been taken over the years with the dog biscuit fly :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Havnt tried that but a while ago i had some fun taking Rudd and Roach from my local canal. I was chucking out bits of granary bread on the surface and the smaller fish would attack the floating bread. I would take one of the grains out of the bread and fish this on the drop by the floating bread and get the bigger fish lurking a bit deeper down scoffing the fallout.

Sheepy/Sporty...I'll let you know how I fare! It works with insects...why not breakfast cereal?

Have a look at the bonio fly from fulling mill. These little babies are a dog biscuit pattern, but from below I doubt the profile of a dog biscuit and sugar puff are much different.

fly.jpg

Edited by singy

Paul Singleton

Cracker Singy! I'd actually thought of simply hooking a sugar puff...should stay on with careful casting, but I do have some blonde deer hair and some pantone pens...may well be worth a try!

I should imagine that it would work well, i have used deer hair pellets, and bread flys.. with good results.

So the sugar puff should work also.

Another that i am testing is a natural sponge fishing as dry fly. Testing tomorow for browns in a wild mark..

shall report how it goes..

OI OI,

Ive used sugar puffs for carp fishing & because they are sweet the carp suck them down with vigor, so can't see why they shouldent work on other fish as far as i know most fish like sweet bait's.

GOOD LUCK.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I should imagine that it would work well, i have used deer hair pellets, and bread flys.. with good results.

So the sugar puff should work also.

Another that i am testing is a natural sponge fishing as dry fly. Testing tomorow for browns in a wild mark..

shall report how it goes..

Nice one Fluffy! Genius idea! Let me know how you get on!