On line rod licence renewal

the outlaw

Has anyone using this forum had problems with the online application system?

I know of a few people who have, and two have been prosecuted because the application didnt work.

Your comments please?

Tony

Fishing and shooting are my passion, you can also find me on www.roughshooter.com

I have informed the EA about a problem with the system when you are buying a license for someone else. Once you have entered their details it goes on to the payment and it carries over the address of the recipient and not the payee.

I bought another 8 day license for a friend a couple of weeks ago and it still wasnt fixed.

It doesnt affect the payment but I can see how it may put others off.

You get a printout when you pay, so I fail to see how anyone could have been prosecuted as a result of it 'not working'.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

my licence has fallen apart and rotted. anyone know how to get a replacement?

As long as you have the license number/code then you'll be fine. I keep mine on my mobile and my mobile is always on me, my license isnt.

I was confronted with an EA official a few weeks back for the first time. I said I didnt have the license on me (its in my wallet which was back in the car) but I could give him the number, he said "No, thats fine" and moved to the next person.

The only EA bailiff I've seen in the last two years had a little hand held computer thing that he could check your number on.

I don't know whether it's a mobile phone type device, so they can get up to the minute data, or just a data storage thing that they update once a day or whatever.

Anyhow, as long as you have your number you are OK. Me and my other half both have the other's number written on our licences in case one of us (i.e. her!) hasn't got it.

my licence has fallen apart and rotted. anyone know how to get a replacement?

TrevBoy, you have to get one every year. It's time to throw that 1967 one away now :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Good grief, can you imagine that trying to work up here? Some places don't have phones, never mind computers and some bailiffs speak some sort of Bladerunneresque mixture of Gaelic, English and slang. Luckily you can usually buy a bankside permit off them if required.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Licence????? What you mean I need a licence? Ooooooh Pooh, I'd better get one........someday

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Has anyone using this forum had problems with the online application system?

I know of a few people who have, and two have been prosecuted because the application didnt work.

Your comments please?

Tony

I was down Blackpool area last week and went day fishing got the day licence on-line had no problem's and just as well I had to give the ref number to the bailiff, so as long as you keep the ref number there should be no problem's

David :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: