I don't think they'd get a Wingham membership !

Tigger

By the size of her string dooda its not expecting to shoot far

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ireland ? I missed that bit Steve.

So now its even closer to home can we now get upset about it (not aimed at you Steve)

again I seem to be forgetting pleasure (catch and release) angling and duty of care doesnt seem to be top priority of some on here.

English rules for English fish ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Gozzer, video says that it's Ireland.

Cheers Steve, I've only just spotted that.

Whether it's in Ireland, Poland, or on Mars, doesn't really make any difference, the treatment was bad, but there are a lot of other things much closer to home that we need to be more concerned about. We have enough problems right here, but it doesn't seem to matter to some. Like many things, we need to get our own house in order before criticising others. This insular view, misses the wider picture. The one where the aquatic environment is not just for the benefit of fish, and those who hunt them, but for a whole ecosystem, much of it interdependent on the well being of the rest.

To take things to the extreme, and slightly on a tangent, anyone who has an obsession with animals of any kind, seems to speak out much more about the the ill treatment of them, anywhere in the world, than they do about the mistreatment of children, especially abroad. Could someone please explain why?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

People respond emotionally to what they respond to. It's not a conscious choice. I suspect that it's to do with the degree of resemblance to people (or animals) they care about.

Look at this, for example;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108582/#B29

Ireland ? I missed that bit Steve.

So now its even closer to home can we now get upset about it (not aimed at you Steve)

again I seem to be forgetting pleasure (catch and release) angling and duty of care doesnt seem to be top priority of some on here.

English rules for English fish ?

Why should "we" get upset about it ,its just fish and if ireland (or the landowner) had laws forbidding such treatment more fool them for putting it out to be used as evidence ,if its not against the law or the landowners wishes then so what its just fish ,sub human things we catch for pleasure or food or both ,if you dont like it go out there and speak up to those doing it or buy all the waters and put your own rules inplace to stop it

If people had a duty of care (does such thing exist and people do nothing to effect things around them) then there would be no need for rules nor those to enforce them ,there are and there is so its not purely some irish or foreign thing

The clubs have found its very expensive today to replace fish they "care" because uncaring has a financial aspect their not bothered otherwise ,do they care about what caused a fish kill or the money it takes to replace them ,do clubs monitor water quality ,put locks on lakes to limit pollution ,i think not they react they are not proactive otherwise the EA would be in court everyday of the week for allowing our waterways to decline to what they are today

A simple law " any water entering another water must be cleaner than the water its entering " backed up with multi million £ for every offence and things would improve ,there is no such law the EA are to blame for not insisting on one ,therefore the EA dont give a crap about you ,your club ,your water or the country and are not fit for purpose

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

why should you get upset about it ? do I really need to go on more on this subject again, and again, and again.

handling like that is ruining the hobby for a lot of people and its people like you with splinters in your arse that bug the crap out of me.

"oh but its only fish"

"oh but its in another country"

"oh but its not against the law"

"oh but im talking myself up I cant do controversial so ill appear well travelled"

Forget about commercial fisheries and laws. its just not the thing to do (you could call it COMMON SENSE) and I bet that wasnt a fishery over in ireland and probably someones free local that wont see it stocked any time soon, if ever.

Thank feck Scotland doesnt have the type of fisheries as you do down there. up here fish are not quite so replaceable. cant speak for ireland but they are probably more like scotland when it comes to angling. Handling like that will get ye a sore face and from what I see they are getting a lot of this kind of behaviour.

its utter shite pure and simple.

all fish are replaceable as long as money is

and yes they ARE just fish ,you may have some hangup on them but it really doesnt change anything ,if "caring " for fish means putting them back unharmed your playing right into the peta lot ,so long as their just fish their not cute and fluffy and most wont give a crap about them ,if you eat them even fewer will ,unfortunately the more anglers care the more the cross purposes creep up ,how can someone care about a fish but have no qualms catching them on spiky things !your creeping into the stupidness of vegans wearing leather shoes

real common sense means if you really really care about fish leave them to live out their lives in peace (its hard enough as it is) and get another hobby or get your pleasure and justifying it by eating them ,putting some overweight lipless carp on a mat isnt caring for a fish to anyone but a fool

i get great pleasure catching just fish ,how someone pretends to love them goes fishing mystifies me ,you can love fishing but not fish

Edited by chesters1

Maybe thats ok for England but Scotland (again cant speak for Ireland) has next to nothing put back in to angling and imo its up to everyone who practices catch and release to do everything in their power to make sure they go back safe and sound as reasonbly as they can, not dump them on the ground then film their rods with the possibility of cows trampeling all over them and how long was between part 1 & 2 with them still floundering around (they looked pretty f*cked in part 2). It's a total lack of respect and its heading your way and mines too. but its alright they are only fish :thumbs:

Fishing a sustainable fishery where fish are for the pot ye can smack them off a wall for all I care, they aint going back for future generations to enjoy.