England v Andorra

corydoras

England v Andorra  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will England beat Andorra on 28 March?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care

Chip, shoulder.....shoulder, chip!
Not at all my friend, I really hope that England do qualify. As I live in Southampton most of of my mates are English and so support England. The notion that the England squad are just a bunch of rather ordinary players comes from one of my English mates (a 'Palace supporter BTW).

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory, chance to make a few quid. Last time I looked it was;

Andorra 109-1 to beat England, 33-1 the draw. :thumbs::rolleyes:

I haven't seen the odds for the Italy v Scotland game. What odds would you give on the result ? :rolleyes:

John.

I'm not sure what odds I would give, but I doubt that we will win. It would be great if we did, but I am pragmatic enough to know that it is unlikely that we will.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I take it you are a Scotland supporter from your desire to try and wipe out the 1966 World Cup win by the England. :clap2::clap2::clap2: from Scottish history. Sorry can't help you there so you just better try and win it for yourselves, but..... <_<

PS 5 into 35 ( Total Squad) is errr well not very much at this time in the morning.

I'm not trying to wipe out anything Rabbit, I can't remember the '66 game it was 41 years ago, I was only 6 and had no interest in footie at the time. I did try to find out the whole Bristol Ciity squad, but to get to that info from their web site you need to pay. I lova ya baby, but not that much. :P Edited by corydoras

Not at all my friend, I really hope that England do qualify. As I live in Southampton most of of my mates are English and so support England. The notion that the England squad are just a bunch of rather ordinary players comes from one of my English mates (a 'Palace supporter BTW).

Fair play then Cory', glad to hear you're onboard, although I don't agree entirely with your view as regards the players. Anyhow, what would Palace supporters know? They still think Peter Taylor knows about the game whereas us Leicester supporters know that he even makes Steve McClaren look like a master tactician....... :D

Edited by Paul_D

Paul

I don't have Sky, so to watch the Israel v England match on Saturday I would have had to walk 50 yards to my local. The fact that I didn't bother sums up everything that is wrong with my national team. It was also interesting that, when I did get to the pub later, not one of the proud England fans with the shirts on asked for the TVs to be changed from the music channel to watch the "highlights" on Match of the Day!

PS. I won't be making that walk tonight either!

Fair play then Cory', glad to hear you're onboard, although I don't agree entirely with your view as regards the players. Anyhow, what would Palace supporters know? They still think Peter Taylor knows about the game whereas us Leicester supporters know that he even makes Steve McClaren look like a master tactician....... :D
So what players in the current squad do you believe are truly 'world class' and who would you replace and by whom?

Truly world class, only perhaps two - Gerrard and potentially Rooney. The team IMO lacks balance and I think that the players know and feel this and this may well be a major factor in their lack of confidence. Personally, I would build my team around Gerrard as the national captain and in the centre of midfield. It's difficult to say who I'd replace certain players with. I'm not privvy as to how they perform in training. I do think that it's time to call a halt on Phil Neville's surreal tally of caps though.

Paul

Truly world class, only perhaps two - Gerrard and potentially Rooney. The team IMO lacks balance and I think that the players know and feel this and this may well be a major factor in their lack of confidence. Personally, I would build my team around Gerrard as the national captain and in the centre of midfield. It's difficult to say who I'd replace certain players with. I'm not privvy as to how they perform in training. I do think that it's time to call a halt on Phil Neville's surreal tally of caps though.
Gerrard I agree with, Rooney to my mind is not much more than a undisciplined hot head who cannot play to position. He does well when playing for his club, but I don't think that he has really performed for England.

Hot off the press! Lampard is out of tonight's squad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/6497817.stm

I love the quote at the end.

"They want to win. They failed on Saturday because they didn't score a goal, end of story."

Talk about stating the obvious.

Hot off the press! Lampard is out of tonight's squad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/6497817.stm

I love the quote at the end.

Talk about stating the obvious.

Stating the obvious would be, "they didn't score, and they played crap".

john.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John