England v Andorra

corydoras

England v Andorra  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will England beat Andorra on 28 March?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know
    • Don't care

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Gerrard and Lampard are probably our biggest issues BUT both are world class.

To be fair you are putting what are essentially two very selfish players in midfield and neither plays well with the other. It has to be said folks, that lampard and gerrard are both exceptional at the 'running at a couple of players and cracking it from 20 yards' trick, and as I said, both up there in the top few in the world at that game, BUT we are missing a central holding player who can pass the ball.

In my opinion strikers ought to be strikers, midfielders ought to support them - correct me if I'm wrong (by all means) but a lot of our midfielders want their name on that sheet, and you sometimes get the impression that are not playing the right balls or being in the right places for their actual job......this means the strikers get no support, the ball gets handed over, and then everyone piles back to prevent the other team scoring. Repeat for 90minutes and you've pretty much got an england match.

We need someone who can slow the game down, control the pace, and play the right ball at the right time. It's all well and good having well paid, over-enthusiastic, twenty somthing superstars BUT a down to earth rock solid central midfielder is what you need. It's hard to quote a definitive example, since for the last ten years we've been out an out a wing based team (always looking for a cross).

Ian W

Now that's not nice, I'm watching the Scotland game anyway, seems to be much better !

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Now that's not nice, I'm watching the Scotland game anyway, seems to be much better !

should have hit the red button jedi. the northern irish were brilliant. they show real pride in playing for their country.

should have hit the red button jedi. the northern irish were brilliant. they show real pride in playing for their country.

I was Blue ! Fantastic game, well deserved result too.

Much better than the pish on Sky ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Well, we won didn't we?

3-0 against what is the international equivalent of a Sunday pub team is a right result for us! :yawn:

The most entertaining thing in this game was the level of drama the Andorrans managed to put into their injuries.

Quality playacting worthy of a World Cup stage

Our chief weapon is surprise

Well, we won didn't we?

3-0 against what is the international equivalent of a Sunday pub team is a right result for us! :yawn:

The most entertaining thing in this game was the level of drama the Andorrans managed to put into their injuries.

Quality playacting worthy of a World Cup stage

Well at least you won, which is more than Scotland did. I am not too disappointed by the Italy v Scotland result, I was expecting a 6-0 drubbing.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote