September meeting with Defra?

Steve Coppolo

Does anyone have any information on the marine fisheries stakeholders forum which was supposed to be held on or around the 10th September this year? RSA is usually represented and some important issues discussed that will affect the future of RSA, yet I have seen no mention of it anywhere. Keeping these meetings quiet seems to be the current trend. I wonder why?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Does anyone have any information on the marine fisheries stakeholders forum which was supposed to be held on or around the 10th September this year? RSA is usually represented and some important issues discussed that will affect the future of RSA, yet I have seen no mention of it anywhere. Keeping these meetings quiet seems to be the current trend. I wonder why?

Where have you looked Steve? You tell me where you have looked and I will look else where and see what I can find out.

Regards

Where have you looked Steve? You tell me where you have looked and I will look else where and see what I can find out.

Regards

All the usual places where you might expect to see mention of it, Challenge. The Defra website, NFSA website, SACN website, BASS website, and all the popular angling forums. In Defra's last Fisheries Focus newsletter, they said that agenda notes would appear on their website early in September and that that they invited comments on any of the issues to be raised. I haven't been able to find anything, though.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
All the usual places where you might expect to see mention of it, Challenge. The Defra website, NFSA website, SACN website, BASS website, and all the popular angling forums. In Defra's last Fisheries Focus newsletter, they said that agenda notes would appear on their website early in September and that that they invited comments on any of the issues to be raised. I haven't been able to find anything, though.

Sorry Steve asked about but with no luck as yet.

This is all can find that defra have released lately

http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/docum...4/7422/7422.pdf

Regards.

Sorry Steve asked about but with no luck as yet.

Oh well, some things never change. I suppose we'll be told what they want is to know, when they want us to know it.

It amazes me how certain RSA representatives, and I use the term very loosely, are quick to use the angling forums to punt their never ending stream of propaganda, but are ever so slow to use the same forums to keep anglers informed.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

Don't drink and drive.

This is all can find that defra have released lately

Hi Challenge,

Papers for the MFSF meetings are at:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/marine/fisheries/wwo/mfsf.htm

The minutes of the meeting on 10th September are delayed because the DEFRA official has gone on paternity leave.

They hope to make them available in the next couple of weeks.

For more information you can email: marine.fish@defra.gsi.gov.uk

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The minutes of the meeting on 10th September are delayed because the DEFRA official has gone on paternity leave.

They hope to make them available in the next couple of weeks.

I've heard it said many times in the past, by RSA representatives, ( and I use the term loosely), that the minutes that Defra release bear little or no resemblance to what actually happened at these meetings where RSA is discussed. However, just lately it seems that RSA's representatives, (and I use the term loosely), will only tell us what Defra want them to tell us, when they say, via their approved minutes.

Have all RSA representatives, (and I use the term loosely), now turned native?

Don't drink and drive.

I've heard it said many times in the past, by RSA representatives, ( and I use the term loosely), that the minutes that Defra release bear little or no resemblance to what actually happened at these meetings where RSA is discussed. However, just lately it seems that RSA's representatives, (and I use the term loosely), will only tell us what Defra want them to tell us, when they say, via their approved minutes.

Have all RSA representatives, (and I use the term loosely), now turned native?

Sadly that does appear to be the case Steve. You would expect some of them to turn Native. Thats if they werent native before they started out on their quest, but surely you would expect to see some opposition to our ancient rights being eroded. Is there not one RSA rep who has stood up and said this is ****$ ??

Sadly that does appear to be the case Steve. You would expect some of them to turn Native. Thats if they werent native before they started out on their quest, but surely you would expect to see some opposition to our ancient rights being eroded. Is there not one RSA rep who has stood up and said this is ****$ ??

They are a disgrace, Glenn, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

Don't drink and drive.