September meeting with Defra?

Steve Coppolo

I still haven't seen any mention of the September meeting, or the one that was scheduled for October. The October one is more of a worry because that is the one where the RSA strategy was going to be discussed and tweaked before going off to be written up. I wonder what was said and decided? What have they got in store for us? Whatever it was, it appears that those involved seem to think it's best kept a secret. I can't help but wonder why that might be. Could it be because the revolting anglers they claim to represent might not like it?

The news we are getting from sea anglings representative, (and I use the term very loosely), bodies is a bit lop sided lately. We are being fed what they want us to know, with press releases, etc, and anything they don't want us to now is kept quiet. That's called propaganda in my book.

And they wonder why they don't have the respect and support of the 1 million sea anglers they used to gain the ear of the politicians.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get no info at all Steve.

Sadly Steve it looks like the only input your allowed is through the public consultation. I said at the time that the lack of replies was a licence for the government and its cronies (Also known as RSA Reps) to do what ever they want.

Theres no need to use the RSA Rep term looseley Steve. We all know who the culprets are. They should remember that they will be held solely responsible for the outcome.

• 1 month later...
It's now approaching the end of November and still no information from the people who claim to represent the sea angling population.

Steve

Why don't you contact these 'people' yourself.

It seems that they either don't read this forum or perhaps the changeover to 'Angling Trust' means that there is no one delegated such responsibilities.

There are dozens of sea angling forums, so the chance of a minion of Defra posting is pretty remote.

SACN are now going through an adjustment with Leon stepping down and I can't remember NFSA officials ever visiting web 'forums' on a regular basis.

I'm sure you have some contacts from a former time when you attended Defra meetings yourself???

I'm afraid I don't know who 'they' are either.

:)

Steve

and I can't remember NFSA officials ever visiting web 'forums' on a regular basis.

One visited deepsea web site just over a week ago, one post only unfortunatly, never bothered to do any replies, funny that. :whistling:

That you on wsf H A with a big shiny set of teeth according to ron. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

..... according to ron

Glad you used a small letter for his name.

He's the sort of bloke who believes two birds in his hands are better than one in the bush.

Unfortunately the pterodactyls (bird/reptiles) he captured, have begun pecking at his skull.

It's high time his local Council appointed persons to follow him everywhere .....

with a 'pooper scooper'.

<_<

Edited by H.A.

You get no info at all Steve.

Sadly Steve it looks like the only input your allowed is through the public consultation. I said at the time that the lack of replies was a licence for the government and its cronies (Also known as RSA Reps) to do what ever they want.

Theres no need to use the RSA Rep term looseley Steve. We all know who the culprets are. They should remember that they will be held solely responsible for the outcome.

Step up to the 'ockey' GlennK sacn have a vacancy. You can then get the info hot off the press, might even be good for Steves political platform in bfm, you could feed him the news for us. Sorted.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Steve

Why don't you contact these 'people' yourself.

It seems that they either don't read this forum or perhaps the changeover to 'Angling Trust' means that there is no one delegated such responsibilities.

There are dozens of sea angling forums, so the chance of a minion of Defra posting is pretty remote.

There are people, or a person, who claims to represent sea anglers at these meetings and who trawls the forums on a daily basis. If they claim to represent us, it's only right that they should tell us what they are saying on our behalf. It's alright for them to use the forums when they want to offload the latest batch of propaganda, but it seems that keeping anglers informed is a no no for them. It makes me wonder what they are up to.

Don't drink and drive.

I'm tempted towards saying ... "TOUGH"!

But I have a respect for you, Stevie.

What I don't understand about your posts is your obvious dislike for 'a person' -

There are people, or a person, who claims to represent sea anglers at these meetings

Angling is not well organised or represented when any decision is made by 'the management' (my term) ...

your analyses are very good about the way 'the management' works, but it's a bit like 'lotto'; if you're not in it, you can't claim to be a player or a winner.

I looked and I saw (Defra, NFSA etc), as you did.

And I didn't go the distance with them.

At least we are still on common ground with that.

What I cannot do is to criticise and 'hunt down' individuals or organisations, which have some influence which may or may not benefit recreational angling in the long run. But at least they stand up and are recognised.

The constant 'you can't represent me' and 'how dare you?' is a denunciation of democracy in a very simplistic way. This is particularly important in a small 'pressure group' which has little or no economic clout!

As hobbyist anglers, we will always be looked at as 'unimportant' but 'desirable' in a growing society where leisure becomes, increasingly important.

So, I wish no part in it (except for my continuing love of angling), but I won't decry every move (often voluntarily) made on our behalf.

Your MP probably doesn't agree with all your ideology either!

Yes, I know they are elected; but until we have a sophisticated and important body to represent us (anglers), we have no one!

Good luck to those who want less extraction of fishes around our shores; good luck to those who want to encourage european and global consciences about overfishing and balance that against essential food supplies.

But stop bloody whining every time anyone tries to help our corner!

(I know it's late, but I just got back from a 5hr pout and channels session and I'm not a happy bunny! - No cod!)

:rolleyes:

I'm tempted towards saying ... "TOUGH"!

But I have a respect for you, Stevie.

What I don't understand about your posts is your obvious dislike for 'a person' -

Angling is not well organised or represented when any decision is made by 'the management' (my term) ...

your analyses are very good about the way 'the management' works, but it's a bit like 'lotto'; if you're not in it, you can't claim to be a player or a winner.

I looked and I saw (Defra, NFSA etc), as you did.

And I didn't go the distance with them.

At least we are still on common ground with that.

What I cannot do is to criticise and 'hunt down' individuals or organisations, which have some influence which may or may not benefit recreational angling in the long run. But at least they stand up and are recognised.

The constant 'you can't represent me' and 'how dare you?' is a denunciation of democracy in a very simplistic way. This is particularly important in a small 'pressure group' which has little or no economic clout!

As hobbyist anglers, we will always be looked at as 'unimportant' but 'desirable' in a growing society where leisure becomes, increasingly important.

So, I wish no part in it (except for my continuing love of angling), but I won't decry every move (often voluntarily) made on our behalf.

Your MP probably doesn't agree with all your ideology either!

Yes, I know they are elected; but until we have a sophisticated and important body to represent us (anglers), we have no one!

Good luck to those who want less extraction of fishes around our shores; good luck to those who want to encourage european and global consciences about overfishing and balance that against essential food supplies.

But stop bloody whining every time anyone tries to help our corner!

(I know it's late, but I just got back from a 5hr pout and channels session and I'm not a happy bunny! - No cod!)

:rolleyes:

All the Cod are up here!

What was the reason you became involved in the first place, Ada? I suspect it was the same as mine. You probably thought you could do something to benefit our fishing. Am I right?

If so, why did you pack it in? Again, I suspect it was for the same reasons as myself. You probably realised that fisheries managers had no intention of ever doing anything to benefit sea angling and that the whole thing was nothing more than a charade.

What I'm not sure of, is whether you also realised that the longer we keep talking and negotiating with these creeps, the more damage is being done to our fishing. If these people get their way, you won't recognise your beloved sport in a few years time. We will be regulated and managed beyond belief, and guess what, the fishing won't have improved as a result. The only thing our fisheries managers are capable of delivering is red tape. Better fishing is beyond their capabilities.

What grates with me is the fact that these "certain People" who claim to represent us haven't realised this yet and, therefore, don't appear to have even a basic grasp of what is going on. We know that they haven't been elected to represent the sea angling population. Neither are they qualified to do so. So what gives them the right to negotiate, on my behalf but without my permission, how, when and under what conditions I should be allowed to fish? The thought of Leon dictating how my fishing should be, makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

If Leon seems to attract more flack than most, that's because he has put himself in that position. For some reason, he has decided that he knows better than everyone else and has to have a say in everything to do with the future of sea angling. No single person should have so much say in what goes on, especially someone who is not elected or qualified to do so. He simply has no right. No one does. I'm also sick of hearing how they are trying to secure the best "deal" for sea anglers. That's rubbish. If they wanted to do what's best for sea anglers they would forget their own political aspirations and put as much distance between sea angling and fisheries managers as possible.

You talk about democracy? Didn't the consultation on the RSA stragey tell our self appointed leaders anything? Sea anglers don't want it, yet they are still pushing it through. The difference is, any chance of opposition this time around will be kept to the minimum because it's all being done behind closed doors. Who knows what else they are pushing through at the moment? Whatever their plans are, with the way everything is being kept quiet, you can bet it won't be popular with the sea anglers they are misrepresenting.

I've been fishing since I was 3 years old and I'll be 46 in a few months time. I'm not prepared to sit back and watch a few misguided people and their very small, but vocal, band of followers ruin my fishing.

The irony is, in all the time I've been fishing, the commercial fleet has not managed to damage my sport as much as these ****ers are about to.

Don't drink and drive.