keeping trout

butiaboy

I want to have a go at keeping trout in my koi pond in the past i have had rainbow and golden trout but this time i want to try our native brown trout are these easy to keep my local trout farm sells them for £1

browntrout.jpg

Edited by butiaboy

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

Guest Ferret1959

I kept rainbows in a spring pool at one of my old addresses but there was loads of natural food for them.

They did very well but I left them there when I moved so dunno how long they lasted. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I fancy keepng trout for eating purposes/ maybe make a small buisness but it's wayyyyy too much ££ at the moment. AND I have no land !

Airguns:

Air Arms S200 .22

Cometa 5

Fishing rods and reel:

Fox 2 1/2 test carp rod + Shimano Baitrunner

Shimano Beast Master 60lb test stand up rod(5 1/2ft) + Penn international 2 speed with 30lb mono

COMING SOON: Abu #6/7 and okuma fly reel.

medaley0.jpg

Freshwater PB: 31 lb carp

Saltwater PB: 49lb tuna

Guest Ferret1959
I fancy keepng trout for eating purposes/ maybe make a small buisness but it's wayyyyy too much ££ at the moment. AND I have no land !

You should have been in my local ASDA this afternoon.

Salmon, looked about 6/7 pounders.

7 quid each, couldn't believe they hadn't been snapped up.

If I could eat them I'd have bought the lot and stuffed the freezer.

I'll be fishing salmon soon. Do prawns work well? Freelined ones that is.

Airguns:

Air Arms S200 .22

Cometa 5

Fishing rods and reel:

Fox 2 1/2 test carp rod + Shimano Baitrunner

Shimano Beast Master 60lb test stand up rod(5 1/2ft) + Penn international 2 speed with 30lb mono

COMING SOON: Abu #6/7 and okuma fly reel.

medaley0.jpg

Freshwater PB: 31 lb carp

Saltwater PB: 49lb tuna

Farmed salmon bought in for the Easter weekend, and now being sold off at the outer edge of edibility, I bet. :yucky:

Whenever I buy fish from the supermarket, I always make sure that it has plenty of sell-by left when we eat (or freeze) it. I once saw someone attempt to eat a rainbow trout from the supermarket which was so rotten that you could pull the backbone and ribs out of the raw flesh without any effort. No wonder so many people don't think they like fish!

• 1 month later...

I kept them when I had a spring fed pond. When I tried in my standard pond they died quite quickly. They need high oxygen and flow to survive so you are talking very low density and high filtration along with high oxygenation. tbh I'd forget it.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

I kept them when I had a spring fed pond. When I tried in my standard pond they died quite quickly. They need high oxygen and flow to survive so you are talking very low density and high filtration along with high oxygenation. tbh I'd forget it.
Snap!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote