Next season

Anderoo

Whether your new season starts on 1 April or 16 June, what are you hoping for next season? Any unfinished business from the last one? New challenges or waters? Or are you just hoping for a bit of peace and quiet and some nice lazy days by the waterside?

I got VERY distracted last season and failed to even really try to catch a carp from the Thames or a barbel from any of my local rivers, so I'll be returning to these with new vigour. I'm hoping for some good early season tench fishing and a whopper or two. I'm going to try fly fishing for pike in the summer months, which should be exciting! There are a few undisturbed common carp in a lovely old gravel pit I've got my eye on, so I'm hoping to see one of those on the bank. For sheer pleasure and relaxation I'll be spending the warmer months stalking chub in the beautiful streams around here. And I have one or two exciting new waters to try to get to grips with, time permitting! Hopefully next winter will be a lot more settled than this one and I can try again for that record chub :rolleyes:

How about you?

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
Whether your new season starts on 1 April or 16 June, what are you hoping for next season? Any unfinished business from the last one? New challenges or waters? Or are you just hoping for a bit of peace and quiet and some nice lazy days by the waterside?

I got VERY distracted last season and failed to even really try to catch a carp from the Thames or a barbel from any of my local rivers, so I'll be returning to these with new vigour. I'm hoping for some good early season tench fishing and a whopper or two. I'm going to try fly fishing for pike in the summer months, which should be exciting! There are a few undisturbed common carp in a lovely old gravel pit I've got my eye on, so I'm hoping to see one of those on the bank. For sheer pleasure and relaxation I'll be spending the warmer months stalking chub in the beautiful streams around here. And I have one or two exciting new waters to try to get to grips with, time permitting! Hopefully next winter will be a lot more settled than this one and I can try again for that record chub :rolleyes:

How about you?

I'm just gonna try and get out more and have a stab at as many different species as poss.

Just gotta get the house sorted, dog kennels sorted and get my Bird flights up :rolleyes:

My plans are to catch a nice sized roach, somewhere around the 2 pound mark would be great!

id love to catch my first barbel, and a nice chub, i think il give the river dane in cheshire a go.

id like to catch a perch over a pound, and a bream that isnt a skimmer!

so a good few aims really...

fingers crossed :rolleyes:

My main aim , and this may sound odd , is to not actually take my fishing too seriously this season . I'm going to get back to basics , stop taking the kitchen sink with me to the bank and just enjoy being out by the waterside. Catching fish will just be a bonus. I'm also going to try and take a decent camera with me to get some shots of whats going on around me :thumbs:

Im going to be trying to take chub from the surface using bread, bleak livebaits and surface poppers.

Night fishing for barbel, aim to catch my first double.

River piking using lures and livebaits hoping for anything over 15lb

And finally catching some crayfish for the barbeque.