Returns on Investment

Moonyaker

Gilles,

I think your comments put things nicely into perspective, at zero budget!!!??? :clap2:

Therefore a posible redirection of cash :huh: Take the misses and camera away for a weekend :wub::icecream: Shoot a few pics, and improve technique by posting on 'AN Photo' for some constructive advise. Everyone is happy??

I'd check those photo quality setting on the camera menu though :unsure:

'Sutton W'

Imagetopostreduced.jpg

That was the sort of response I was after guys - better glass before better body and better technique before either.

The lense seized on me a few months ago and I had to send it off to be serviced and now it works fine but I now have specks on the images. I have cleaned the lense carefully but several spots persist and I have reached the conclusion that a CCD clean is the next option. I would rather take the camera in and have this done by my local Photographic shop but if I do acquire more lenses then I guess that CCD cleaning will have to become a regular process.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to preferred methods of cleaning CCD's?

Also, if you can spot any howlers on the attached image, I wouldnt mind some constructive criticism if there is any going...?

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Moonyaker, I have lightened the shadows on your pic...

Imagetopostreduced.jpg

Plenty of detail in the cliffs :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I have never really understood why some of the most expensive DSLRs seem to be incapable of producing images with colour that is as bright and natural as many of the far cheaper "bridge" cameras. Most photos sent to me have a distinct yellow bias, although other cameras see to veer towards the blue. Yes, they can be improved in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro and ultimately offer superior definition, but why can't they just reproduce natural, vibrant colours straight from the camera such as the far cheaper Kodak P880?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

dslr cameras are aimed at professionals who are ment to know how to use there equipment. Most people who use one, including myself, dont use half of the stuff that is on there camera and never will.

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Thanks Poledark, that certainly does give the shot more depth, texture and interest. I have not been shooting in Raw nor editing the photos with any software other than to reduce the size to allow that one to be uploaded to Photobucket. Your tweek readily demonstates that there is quite a lot of scope for improvement by acquiring Elements (or similar).

These shots were taken from some rocks in the middle of a bay in Ireland with a 2Mb Coolpix Nikon (small and light and probably not the end of the world if I capsize and have to go swimming with it lodged in a tupperware type watertight box) and perhaps add validity to some of the comments above....(Perhaps not!).

DSCN0454.jpg

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

Edited by Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)