Boat sharing

Tigger2000

I have always concentrated on beach fishing with some trips out on charter boats, but all too often, I have only ended catching undersized fish. I now want to buy a boat about 15 to 18 feet or so but I am not happy with the idea of going out alone so I want to find someone to share the cost of buying and running the boat with me. If anyone would like to do this they must be retired (I am) so they can be available weekdays as well as some weekends and be within easy reach of Rochester Kent. I have already done some groundwork so I have a fair idea of the costs involved. If you are interested, please mail me your contact details so that we can have an initial chat. Thanks.

I have always concentrated on beach fishing with some trips out on charter boats, but all too often, I have only ended catching undersized fish. I now want to buy a boat about 15 to 18 feet or so but I am not happy with the idea of going out alone so I want to find someone to share the cost of buying and running the boat with me. If anyone would like to do this they must be retired (I am) so they can be available weekdays as well as some weekends and be within easy reach of Rochester Kent. I have already done some groundwork so I have a fair idea of the costs involved. If you are interested, please mail me your contact details so that we can have an initial chat. Thanks.

:clap2: I'm not interested in boat sharing but just a few tips to help you on your way. It may seem like teaching Grannie to suck eggs but be aware. Get the partnership in writing. Get someone who you get on with. Agree about what type of fishing you want to do, you might like anchoring for your fish, your partner might like drifting. Agree about who's responsible for what and what happens if one can't go, or if one wants to take it out with friends. Personally I've had my own boats and taken friends out and that's my preference, I'm also happy to go out with friends on their boats as a guest or pay my way. I could never see sharing a boat working for me, but that's me. We're all individuals. :clap2:

Hi Tigger,,,I would totally agree with Norm on this one...I did boat share with one of my best mates...and it just didnt work out...various reasons...too many to go on about here...but if you want, I will PM you.... :rolleyes:

Its not something I would recommend to anyone....the upsurge was that I bought him out, and he went and bought his own boat... :thumbs: .we are still good mates... :D but I'm waiting on an invite onto his boat...which hasnt seen the water yet !! ...BTW, I'm off tomorrow for the weekend on mine :)

I'm sorry to put such a sad slant on such a simple thing as sharing a boat.....but as Norm says...we are all individuals ....some more than others.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi Tigger,,,I would totally agree with Norm on this one...I did boat share with one of my best mates...and it just didnt work out...various reasons...too many to go on about here...but if you want, I will PM you.... :rolleyes:

Its not something I would recommend to anyone....the upsurge was that I bought him out, and he went and bought his own boat... :thumbs: .we are still good mates... :D but I'm waiting on an invite onto his boat...which hasnt seen the water yet !! ...BTW, I'm off tomorrow for the weekend on mine :)

I'm sorry to put such a sad slant on such a simple thing as sharing a boat.....but as Norm says...we are all individuals ....some more than others.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would certainly echo what Norm and Norrie have said. I have had similar experiences with both a ski boat and a fishing boat. A far better option is to buy a boat you can afford on your own , which may involve getting something secondhand instead of new , and then find yourself some fishing buddies to go out with. For the first season I had my latest boat I struggled to find crew at times but you soon end up with a list of people who are more than happy to go out with you and share the costs if required. That way if you dont get on with someone you dont ask them out again rather than putting a partnership at risk.

I bought my boat to save money on the trips I was making with my son which were costing 60 - 70 quid for the two of us each week. Now I find that even an evening trip out in the boat costs £30 when you take into account the travelling and launch fees and fuel for the boat

and trips further afeild can be a far bigger drain , but having said that I would not be without it and would never look for a boat in partnership with someone.

Cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org