*** URGENT *** MISSING PERSON ***

Janet

Someone should contact the BAA and ask them to send a buletin to the secretaries of any clubs that have canal contests booked this weekend.

Bit difficult from where I am now though.....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janet.

I hope you don't think I was treating it as a joke?

No, not at all! I was responding to a rather childish PM I'd received - but I posted my response on the wrong site!

is there any way of contacting the fishing clubs within a couple of miles who own/hire stretches of the canal were it was last seen. All the strestches would have a baillif who comes down nearly everyday and ask if they had seen the boat

Does anyone know how to find out which fishing clubs are active in and around that area?

Janet

Guest Ferret1959
No, not at all! I was responding to a rather childish PM I'd received - but I posted my response on the wrong site!

Janet

Dunno who removed my ^^^^^ but I was hoping to keep the thread high in the list to attract peoples attention.

I'm sure there will be a few of us near the water ways this weekend. :)

Latest update from Mod on Canal forum:

I've just had a phone conversation with Trish at Middlewich Narrowboats. Trish would like to pass on her thanks to all who have responded so far, as would I. Thanks to your help by reporting possible sightings, a possible route has been identified but this is by no means confirmed. The sightings are all within the first week or so, and suggest that intially the hirer was seen heading towards Chester. He told staff that he did have the intention of travelling up the Llangollen Canal. However, on 18th March there was a fairly certain sighting of Nb Holly and the hirer at Market Drayton. There is then the unconfirmed sighting of the boat heading from Wolverhampton towards Birmingham, another unconfirmed sighting at Hockley Heath on the Stratford Canal, and then again at Braunston on the Grand Union Canal. The dates for these sightings are very general, however based on the information received, this is the most logical route but this is not confirmed.

On speaking to Trish, it would appear the Police are doing all that they can to try and located the boat, but it is obviously a difficult search to co-ordinate as most canals meander through a large number of force areas and there is no evidence to point where he might be or might be heading.. His phone has been turned off since the first week rendering a live cell site trace useless at this time.

What is of great concern is that there have been no sightings on Nb Holly or her hirer since the 20th March. While Trish is grateful of any information received, she would particularly like to hear from anyone who may have seen Nb Holly or her hirer since the 20th March.. As there have been no sightings, it would appear to suggest that the boat is not moving, or has been disguised in some manner. Clearly there is still concern for the welfare of the hirer as the circumstances of the disapperance are by no means typcial of someone who is trying to steal the boat. His family are aware and also have not heard anything from him. All local boat yards have been informed, but if you pass boat yards it can't hurt to pass the message on.

A description of the hirer is a white male, early 50s, 6ft tall with grey receding hair and slim build. He had a cycle with him onboard the boat.

Again, if you have any information, please contact Middlewich Narrowboats on 01606 832460.

Thanks again for all of your help.

I have passed this on to my friend as she lives on a narrow boat near Rugby and her partner does a lot of work for narrow boats so they will spread the word near them.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Guest Ferret1959

Had a breif walk on the Avon at Salford Priors today didn't see the nb we are looking for.

But did see a bloke FISHING, just as though there was no such thing as a closed season. :(

I may be getting out on the water at Stratford down to Evesham later in the week.

I'll be paddling down stream and will keep a look out in all the spots away from the roads. :)

I live 2 mins from braunston and walked the dog from braunston tunnel back to weedon yesterday i didnt spot the said barge. I'm down there frequently so i'll keep my eyes open still.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Hi all,

copied from uk.rec.waterways:

"Hi

Trish again from Middlewich Narrowboats.

We have received a sighting of Holly which sounds pretty accurate on

the Leicester branch of the Grand Union Canal at Husbands Bosworth

tunnel. If anybody is around that area, please keep a look out. Many

thanks.

p.s. the BBC are filming an appeal today for North West news at

6.30pm"

Len