*** URGENT *** MISSING PERSON ***

Janet

Without a positive ID on the boater, this story could still have a sad ending. With boats worth so much, it's possible that someone could have played pirates and did for the guy who rented it.

Lets just hope he's OK 'cause it's to early to assume that he's a simple thief.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had a positive sighting of Holly, confirmed by Middlewich Narrowboats. The guys who spotted her luckily took photographs. She has had the cratch and cratch cover removed and has been repainted blue, but is still identifiable as Holly.

Picture of the hirer:- Mr David Graham King

3453.jpg

Picture of the new "blue" Holly

holly.jpg

As you can see from the thread on Canalworld, the boat could be anywhere now.

Please keep a look out for her if you're on the canals!

Janet

Edited by JSD

Hi all,

copied from uk.rec.waterways:

"Hi

Trish again from Middlewich Narrowboats.

We have received a sighting of Holly which sounds pretty accurate on

the Leicester branch of the Grand Union Canal at Husbands Bosworth

tunnel. If anybody is around that area, please keep a look out. Many

thanks.

p.s. the BBC are filming an appeal today for North West news at

6.30pm"

Len

Update from Herts Police - I have a virtually certain sighting of Holly, still in her original

livery, a couple of miles East of Lincoln on the Fossdyke Navigation. At noon on Friday 13th April

a man similar to the missing Mr King was sailing her NW towards Gainsborough. We still need a

recent, detailed and accurate sighting. 0845 3300222 and mention the missing person. Thanks if you

can look out for them.

Janet, can you confirm the fellah in the picture is the chap these people spoke to at Hatton?

Yes, the man who took the photograph is sure that the man on the boat was Mr King. They did the Hatton flight together, although he was unaware that the boat was the subject of a search until he got home. He says (I quote from his post on CW)

I also discussed other details which I have not seen published anywhere so I will not mention them here but would say that these further corroborated the fact that this was indeed "Mr King".

Janet

Unfortunately, at this time of the year, people expect to see folk painting their boats, even ex hire boats that they have just bought. I have just painted my own 38 footer, with rollers, and it took less than three hours.

Is she still on the canals? Well, I'm Broads based and there are a number of canal craft down here. Indeed there is a 'Holly' narrow boat, short version, in the shed where my boat is. Once again, seeing a boat being craned out is a spring time thing, why would anyone question it? All it takes is a lorry.

basically he has nicked the boat, you don't know who his nearest and dearest are, the ones who have reported him missing(they may be in colusion). surely if he had been reported as a missing person it wouldn't have taken sherlock holmes to work out his possible routes and maximum distance travelled and found the boat. at the end of the day my theory is falsely obtained credit card and stolen boat. I am currently fitting out a boat for a friend and the marina notice board is full of stolen boat notices. just think we've all been had on this one.

End of mystery?

The boat has been found, but its now a different colour. And the name has been deleted. What`s the betting the guy turns up with some shoddy excuse, lost memory, nervous breakdown etc. :cc_surrender:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Message from Trish at Middlewich Narrowboats:

WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL STATING THAT THERE IS A RUMOUR GOING AROUND THAT HOLLY HAS BEEN FOUND ON THE OXFORD CANAL HIDING AMONGST SOME GYPSY BOATS.

WE KNOW NOTHING OF THIS AT ALL AND CAN NOT CONFIRM THIS.

AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED HOLLY IS STILL MISSING

TRISH

Message from Trish at Middlewich Narrowboats:

WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL STATING THAT THERE IS A RUMOUR GOING AROUND THAT HOLLY HAS BEEN FOUND ON THE OXFORD CANAL HIDING AMONGST SOME GYPSY BOATS.

WE KNOW NOTHING OF THIS AT ALL AND CAN NOT CONFIRM THIS.

AS FAR AS WE ARE CONCERNED HOLLY IS STILL MISSING

TRISH

Blame the BBC Trish. Or the national press. They`ve named it `The slowest getaway in history`.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!