*** URGENT *** MISSING PERSON ***

Janet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, that'll be the newly re-opened Ceefax arm of the Grand Union!

Yes, the missing narrowboat Holly was found late on Friday afternoon. I've been away for the weekend, so I'm off to

Catch up on Holly!

Thanks to all of you who took an interest, and kept your eyes open. I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Janet

Since Holly has been found (apparently with a new paint-job), and the bloke who 'hired' her is safe and sound - and in a lot of trouble by the sounds of it - I'll unstick this thread now. I'm sure enough people will be posting on here to keep it current for a while anyway....

To Janet and any other users of the boating forums - if anything like this occurs again (a boat going missing I mean), please don't hesitate to post details on here. We might not always see eye-to-eye, but we don't want to see anyone come to grief either.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 1 year later...
Ok thanks for the details. If someone or myself spotted the boat I'll alarm you at once. Just don't lose hope and let's pray for his safety.

Wyatt, this thread is over a year old! :rolleyes:

Even in a narrowboat I think he'd have made good his escape by now if he hadn't been found.

I know it's an old thread that's been resurected accidentally, but just to tie things up...

According to the Herts Advertiser, David King "A painter and decorator who sparked a nationwide manhunt after stealing a £40,000 narrowboat from a hire company has been given a suspended jail sentence.

The court heard that King had made so many alterations to the boat that the owners were forced to spend around £29,000 restoring it."

Brett Williamson, defending, said King had significant financial problems at the time of his disappearance and had been forced to sell the family home since his arrest.

King was given a six-month sentence suspended for two years and made the subject of a 12-month supervision order. No order for compensation was made

So, he basically got away with it, and the boat company were left significantly out of pocket.

No more comments please.

Janet

Yup. No more comments. I promise.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President