Putting a sparkle in a smile

poledark

Wife has just spent a small fortune on teeth, well worth the money to keep her happy :)

I took a pic of the new smiley person today, and just for a laugh I would like to put a little sparkle/starlight on one of the teeth, can any one help?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

have you got Photoshop Den, if so, its easy, load your pic, then go to Filter>Render>Lens Flare, a window will open, you will have a slider and some lens types, have a mess about, you will have a preview screen, and you will see a cross, you can move that around(left click it, and Drag, let go), you can get some pretty realistick lens flares and light reflections, have fun.

Hope this helps

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Cheers Gray, I tried some shapes but couldn't fill them white.

Your advice looks a lot more sensible, thanks

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Den

Edited by poledark

I've done shots like this before that turned out not to bad ... a girl with a lovely big smile been in the shots, I used my flashgun with the omni-bounce diffuser fitted for flash fill that wasn't to harsh, and the 50mm F1.8 @ F2.8 for a nice head and shoulders portrait with a nicely blurred background, with the flashgun pointed directly at her,.... end result was a series of nice portraits with a sprarkly smile.

We played about with the pose, and added just a touch of Lypsyl to her teeth :) and it really brought out a sparkle on her teeth .... I'm guesisng a better job couldbe done with vaseline or lip bam (or what ever its called).

If you do a flash shot insdoors under household lighting with a Point & Shoot to try and get this effect there is a good chance that since teh retina of the eyes will be enlarged by ambient lighting you will catch blood vessels in the eye, and get the dreaded red eye effect .... so if using a point and shoot, I'd guess unless you have good daytime lighting indoors, you should maybe try this kind of flash filled shot outdoors.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Gillies, thanks for that advice :)

Shot has already been taken.........I will/may post the pic, have to be carefull, she is a bit touchy about photos :)

Gray, I tried the lens flare but it is not quite what I was after, and I had trouble making it into a "pinpoint" of light....looked good on the dogs bum though :)

DSCN4470.jpg

I would really like to have a little star like "ting" on one tooth, maybe I could use the custom shape tool,but I don't know how to fill it with light.

Den

Edited by poledark

Heres my attempt .. Was expecting a tighter shot of the head, which this technique works well with. If you like it I can adjust size & where its placed.

Sparkle.jpg

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg