fishing license

It's pretty well established that the government's main weapon in discouraging behaviour is to tax it. Want people to smoke less? Tax fags. Want people to drink less? Tax booze. Drive less? Tax fuel.

Fish less?

And somehow this is meant to be good for angling?

Hi steve

I think you will find taxing things is not taking it far enough with governments nowadays, banning it seems to be the new angle ie, smoking in public places nationally and indeed some areas there are now drinking ones to whats next FARTING!!!! it certainly contributes to global warming apparently, cheers........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi steve

I think you will find taxing things is not taking it far enough with governments nowadays, banning it seems to be the new angle ie, smoking in public places nationally and indeed some areas there are now drinking ones to whats next FARTING!!!! it certainly contributes to global warming apparently, cheers........

Banning handguns didn't cut down on their use though, did it?

If you want to Email an MP on the matter.

The address is quite often similar to 'bloggsj@parliament.uk', where Joe Bloggs is the name of the member.

EG browng@parliament.uk will find Flash Gordon.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Banning handguns didn't cut down on their use though, did it?

If you want to Email an MP on the matter.

The address is quite often similar to 'bloggsj@parliament.uk', where Joe Bloggs is the name of the member.

EG browng@parliament.uk will find Flash Gordon.

Hi jim

I agree banning things does not put an end to anything, it just helps to drive it undergroung, its all just political bo**ocks as usual mate, cheers......

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

What it comes down to is a complete lack of trust in government to deliver what it promises. I've said before I'd happily pay a license if the government delivers the stock levels I want first. I simply don't BELIEVE that they will deliver those stocks if we pay them in advance.

If the government had to sell its policies on Ebay, I would take one look at their feedback and say "No thanks!"