Need A advice

Andrew Hi there,

There are i believe three entry level rods available that may do the job you want and suit your pocket.

1. Fox warrior ES 13ft 3.25lb TC.

2. Fox warrior Method 12ft 3.50TC

3. ESP paragon 12ft 3.25TC

I also think that these rods can be had in multi deal packages and maybe through sites linked to AN so you get a good price and Elton gets an intro.

Good luck. :thumbs:

PS the Fox seem to have a good through action of sympathetic work when bringing the fish to the net.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Hi there,

PS the Fox seem to have a good through action of sympathetic work when bringing the fish to the net.

I agree - but the handles are shrunk wrapped rubber and cause me a few problems across the scar tissue on my right hand. I need rods with either a cork or duplon handle which has a degree of thickness as I can't fully close my right hand. Which is why I offered them to Andrew for free.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

as a reply to getting distance...........i use 2 3/4lb tc shimano perfections with aerlex 8000 reels and can acheive 125-130 yards at a push.i would recomend using a shock leader and scaling down of the main line.but you need decent reels and at least some degree of casting skill to hit that distance.pva the hooklink to the lead helps get yards,as does using greased lightning on your reels.good luck! :blink::lol:

You need a quality rod to cast those sort of distances and quality costs. Sure, great casters can acheive phenominal distances with cheap rods but for us mortals we need every little help from the rod makers. I'd be very suprised if you can get 3 rods that can hit those distances for under £100.

Rob.

You need a quality rod to cast those sort of distances and quality costs. Sure, great casters can acheive phenominal distances with cheap rods but for us mortals we need every little help from the rod makers. I'd be very suprised if you can get 3 rods that can hit those distances for under £100.

Rob.

Yes same as.Last dedicated long range rods I owned were Continental Express's at 2 3/4lb and my B&W Green Dragon reverse spline whipped 3lbrs!!! Not far off collecters items now I suppose!!

Terry Carrol also made me a pair of 3lb TC 12' rods designed to cast a 4ozs lead.For casting those Zziplex couldnt be beaten but they were purely a casting tool a 4ozs Tournement rod if you wish not much cop for actual fishing.Im led to believe though that some of the higher quality long range carp rods of today are quite good in both areas.

Nick Buss made a 4ozs rod up for my old mate Rick on either a Greys or Centurey blanks that was to be used for an attempt on the 4ozs tournement record.I used this a couple of times over grass and despite being no where near his level could easily reach 180 with a pendulum.Might be worth me asking Nick? Once again wont be cheap though.

Still think best bet is to follow the advice Ive given re LDC and choose the rod based on what others can tell you here.

Of course the best thing said here is to try before you buy! If not possible I would certainly only buy one first.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I could regularly reach 160-170yrds, with a 4.5oz lead, using my 3.50lb tc Greys. In my opinion the Greys don't get the recognition they deserve. Great rods and great service.

Good technique is definitely a must, but with a soft rod you'll never hit the horizon.

Garth.

Hi

Just a had athought whislt i was reading this thread.

How about a bait boat??

Just a thought :thumbs:

STC

Not allowed to use bait boat!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/